International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Work for the IMF. Work for the World.
The Enterprise Architecture division in the IT Department is in need of a Digital Process Automation (DPA) Platform Owner. The DPA Platform Owner will oversee the design and implementation of DPA platforms such as Power Platform, Appian and other workflow/low-code platforms as well as BluePrism, PowerAutomate solutions and other automation platforms and ensure sustained support and well-defined governance of the solutions on the platform.
The incumbent will also contribute to the creation and maintenance of the DPA and RPA platforms’ and technologies’ roadmaps, standards, blueprints, and future state architectures.
The selected individual will provide advice and recommendations to project teams implementing IT solutions in the sphere of design and construction of DPA solutions as well as help in the transformation and/or automation of business processes utilizing Power Platform, BluePrism, or other DPA platform.
The DPA platform owner will own and manage the platform with a team of staff, contractuals and potentially staff augmentation and managed service provider. (S)he will coordinate intake of new platform demand and orchestrate execution and implementation per the platforms standards and policies. (S)he will be responsible for availability and performance of the platform to ensure excellent service for the business users of the platform.
(S)he will also look into current industry trends from the digital and robotic automation perspective and recommend solutions to existing business problems using new/latest technologies. (S)he will act as an internal consultant on technologies and vendor offerings associated with DPA and RPA platforms and technologies and keep up to date with industry trends related to these areas.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinates all stages of solution development, including requirements definition, design, development, testing and support.
2. Collaborates with key stakeholders to gather requirements and understand processes.
3. Works with business and technical stakeholders across the Fund to understand business process and implement automation using the various platforms in the portfolio.
4. Implements and supports the governance and administration of all automation platforms in the portfolio.
5. Implements adequate mechanisms and controls to ensure information security standards and policies are met and implement any audit recommendations.
6. Ensure all solution development on the platforms is done following SDLC and QA practices and principles of ITD.
7. Works on the implementation and adoption of different emerging DPA, RPA, and Bots technologies, promoting the mindset of native cloud integration to deliver secure, stable, and scalable solutions.
8. Ensures that multiple architecture artifacts (standards, guidelines, PoCs, etc) are propagated through adequate channels for their correspondent adoption as well as to ensure proper technical implementation.
9. Ensures all platforms are kept up to date as per vendor’s lifecycle releases.
10. Collaborates with various IT products, platforms, and operations teams by reviewing, assessing, and proposing DPA and RPA guidelines and patterns to ensure that solutions capabilities meet functional and technical requirements.
11. Keeps platform teams apprised of technical strategy, status, and progress related to DPA platforms and solutions. Conversely, constantly informs platform owners of key developments, opportunities, or limitations of the DPA and RPA platforms as well as its relevant technologies.
12. Consults with product-facing program teams and maintains knowledge of their progress, particularly in the implementation of DPA and RPA solutions.
13. Oversees the technical implementation of new DPA and RPA solutions to ensure conformance to specifications and industry standards.
14. Helps solve technical problems during system and platform implementation, specifically related to DPA and RPA capabilities.
An advanced degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Information Systems, or a related study plus a minimum of 4 years; or a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Information Systems, or related study plus a minimum of 10 years of IT experience with direct responsibility for software development, integrations implementation, and/or business process management.
In addition, the below experiences and knowledge are preferred:
- Extensive experience implementing Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Power Platform solutions, including SharePoint Online, PowerApps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, and Office Add-ins.
- Good overall understanding of methodologies, standards, and practices of implementing RPA and Bot solutions using BluePrism and Power Platform.
- Proficiency designing and implementing and supporting workflow solutions using Bizflow, Appian and Service Now.
- Strong knowledge of leveraging APIs (and integrations services) as part of implementing DPA solutions with Power Platform, Appian, and Service Now.
- Expertise designing and implementing governance and security mechanisms (incl. authentication and authorization) in the implementation of digital solutions using Power Platform, Appian, and Service Now technologies.
- Solid understanding on leveraging cloud-native and hybrid cloud architectures.
- Familiarity with code versioning and issue tracking tools such as Azure DevOps or GitHub.
- Substantial experience working with DevSecOps tooling; including code auditing and analysis, implementation of CI/CD pipelines, automated release and deployment, infrastructure as code (IaC), and automated security scans.
- Familiarity with modern web development concepts/frameworks such as SPA, SPFx, Angular, React, Dojo, etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of information technology and systems engineering concepts.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills (ability to quickly build credibility and trust with internal colleagues).
- Great ability to work in a fast-moving environment and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent documentation (writing and diagramming).
This vacancy shall be filled by a 3-year Term appointment in accordance with the Fund’s new employment rules that took effect on May 1, 2015.
ITDAI CE Information Technology Department Immediate Office Centers of Excellence Unit
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including age, creed, culture, disability, educational background, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, nationality, race, religion and beliefs, and sexual orientation.