Platform Architect (Contractual) – ITD
Work for the IMF. Work for the World.
Enterprise Architecture Division in IT Department is in need of a contractual Platform Architect. The Platform Architect – Content Lifecycle Management (CLM) will collaborate on the design of CLM platforms architecture that enable Business Capabilities based on the demand of business needs. The position will contribute to the creation and maintenance of platforms’ roadmaps, standards, blueprints, and future state architectures. The selected individual will provide platform architecture advice and recommendations to project teams implementing IT solutions. They will look into current industry trends from platform perspective and find solutions to existing business problems using new/latest technologies. They will act as an internal consultant on technologies and vendor offerings associated with CLM platforms and keep up to date with industry trends related to CLM platforms.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Contributes to efforts to develop and maintain the architectural assets for the platform and ensures it meets functional and technical requirements.
2. Develops platform roadmaps, standards, and future state architectures aligned to business and IT goals.
3. Develops and evolves platform technology strategy aligned to business objectives.
4. Guides development teams to ensure solution designs align with the underlying platform architecture.
5. Articulates the value of technology approaches to stakeholders.
6. Collaborates with integration design within the scope of the platform and work together with the Integration and Products team for optimal execution.
7. Aids on the design of pilots, prototypes, or proof of concepts, and collaborate with project teams to support execution and evaluation of such initiatives.
8. Provides platform architecture advice to project teams implementing IT solutions.
9. Collaborates closely with product and delivery development teams.
10. Partners with product, delivery, and architecture teams to help drive architecture alignment in support of business goals.
11. Works closely with information security teams to ensure platform architecture is in alignment with information security standards and policies.
12. Understands technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable business needs.
13. Collaborates with enterprise, solution, domain, information, security and integration architects to produce optimal designs for assigned platforms and related solutions.
14. Ensures compliance of platform design to defined enterprise architecture standards.
15. Monitors the current state of platform technology to identify deficiencies or misalignment with business requirements.
16. Provides architecture advice to support the evaluation and selection of technology products and associated implementations.
17. Documents platform architecture designs and analysis work.
18. Collaborates with other architects on assessing Enterprise Architecture alignment of all major CLM projects and maintaining compliance during project life cycle.
19. Contributes on the periodical evaluation of delivered products and projects (in-house, outsourced, or cloud) from a technical point of view, ensuring that a solution’s technical approach and development methods are sound, practical, scalable, and supportable over time.
20. Provides technical guidance and coordination with other projects managers and technical leads across teams in the division in accordance to established architectural directions.
Educational development, typically acquired through the completion of an advanced university degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field of study or equivalent, plus a minimum of four (4) years of relevant professional experience; or a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field of study plus a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant professional experience, is required.
In addition to these qualifications, the following is required:
- previous experience in technical architecture.
- thorough understanding of all aspects of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data management lifecycle, including collection, management, analysis, warehousing, visualization and dissemination techniques/tools and market trends.
- thorough understanding of different knowledge management, workflow, authoring, and collaboration tools and market trends.
- familiarity with archive, record management, and language tools and market trends; cloud services and architecture hands-on experience; knowledge and experience in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning desired.
This is a one-year contractual appointment. Contractual appointments at the IMF are renewable for up to four years of cumulative contractual service, pending incumbent’s performance, budget availability and continuous business need.
ITDEAAS Information Technology Department Enterprise Arch & Strategy Architecture Section
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including gender, nationality, culture, and educational background.
The IMF works to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, facilitate international trade, promote high employment and sustainable economic growth, and reduce poverty. Our work on the macroeconomic benefits of challenges such as empowering women, modernizing the global trading system, wage inequity, and climate change, provides new ideas to safeguard the stability of the international monetary and financial system and addresses the world’s most pressing macroeconomic and financial issues . Our 2, 800 dedicated employees are leaders in their fields and collaborate to address the needs of our members and make a meaningful, positive difference to lives across the globe.
- Office IMF Washington