WHO - World Health Organization
WHO in Islamabad, Pakistan
( 2208411 )
Grade : P3
Contractual Arrangement : Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days) : 1 year ( duration is subject to to availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need for the position)
Job Posting: Sep 19, 2022, 9:45:49 AM
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To optimize the implementation of WHO’s global health mandate through establishment of monitoring of effective and responsive management, administration and supportive policies, systems and services. The objective is to promote a collaborative working environment, ensures prompt financial, programme implementation and monitoring and efficient distribution of resources in support of WHO’s leadership role in international health.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Provide input to the Head of WHO Country Office in managing financial, administrative, and human resources related issues.
- Administer the budget and finance of the office and ensure compliant and efficient use of financial resources within the Office in accordance with financial rules and regulations.
- Monitor the overall allocation of financial resources for the office through the use of the GSM oracle system and other financial tools;
- Provide financial reports, data, and statistics.
- Provides guidance on financial administration to managers and staff.
- Prepare and monitors the implementation of work plan activities ensuring objectives and priorities are met and on track.
- Ensure the administration of Human Resources activities linked to recruitment, screening of applicants, reassignment of staff, contract administration, entitlements, and other HR related activities.
- Organize the administrative functions at the office and manages the effective work of the administrative support in the office to ensure effective administrative services.
- Ensure smooth running of operations of administrative services including procurement of goods and services, travel, communications, and information technology needs of the office, and local service requirements.Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Essential: University degree in Business Administration, Management, Human Resources or related field.
Desirable: An advanced university degree in Business Administration, Management, Human Resources or related field.
Essential: A minimum of five years’ work experience in the area of administration, implementing budget and finance, human resources and logistics services for a programme. Experience of using Enterprise Resource Planning Oracle systems or similar packages.
Desirable: Experience of working in an international organization.
Sound knowledge and skills in accounting, budget, and finance.
Concrete skills in the managing administrative processes.
Sound skills and understanding in the area of human resources.Strong skills in utilizing Enterprise Resource Planning. Oracle systems or similar packages.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Inteermediate knowledge of Arabic
WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 62,692 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 1823 per month for the duty station indicated above. Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: (link) Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: (link)
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- WHO has a mobility policy which can be found at the following link: (link) Candidates appointed to an international post with WHO are subject to mobility and may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.
- *For WHO General Service staff who do not meet the minimum educational qualifications, please see e-Manual III.4.1, para 220.
Enhanced WHO Global Competency Model: (link)?ua=
Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply on-line through Stellis. For assessment of your application, please ensure that:
(a) Your profile on Stellis is properly completed and updated;
(b) All required details regarding your qualifications, education and training are provided;
(c) Your experience records are entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time.