UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
Operations Analyst – IPSA 9 – Office-based
Location : Copenhagen, DENMARK
Application Deadline : 08-Aug-22 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract : IPSA (Regular)
Post Level : IPSA-9
Languages Required : English
Duration of Initial Contract : 12 months
Expected Duration of Assignment : 12 months
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Instructions to Applicants: Click on the “ Apply now” button. Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. Upon completion of the first page, please hit “submit application” tab at the end of the page. Please ensure that CV or P11 and the Cover letter are combined in one file.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants: Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Office of Information Technology and Management (ITM) is the organization’s primary provider of high-quality products of ICT systems and Green Energy services to a global network of 155+ country offices and UNDP partners worldwide.
The mission of ITM is to develop modern-age Smart Facilities which guarantees efficient, innovative and sustainable management of technologies for UN facilities, and consistency with Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We are committed to offer a framework of best practices, and to deliver simple-to-use, and standards-based support tools, to allow innovation to flourish throughout the organization.
Our primary motivations are to accompany the transition to greener technologies and to increase connectivity in challenging locations, in order to leave no one behind. More particularly, we are actively participating to Covid-19 Crisis Response, as Covid-19 has increased the need for digital collaboration and connectivity. On a more practical level, we do this to maintain organizational productivity using technology, improve stakeholders well-being, optimize financial efficiency, and serve as a showcase for development at local level.
Service Delivery team which is the first responder to country office needs and supports ICT and Green Energy projects from a procurement, logistics and finance side. The team works closely with colleagues across the globe to support operations and programme work in some of the most challenging work environments with energy and ICT infrastructure.
Noting the large volume of Service Delivery unit, the finance and administrative duties in the IMT/Smart Infrastructure require dedicated individuals to sufficiently meet requirements of Partners and expectations of vendors in a timely manner and optimal capacity in line with Country Office Support vision and mission statements.
- The candidate will be working with the Operations Associate;
- The Global ICT Advisor has the overall responsibility to guide both the Operation Associate and the Business Operations Analyst;
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
- Manage an end-to-end financial process: budget, pricing, cost recovery, invoicing and payments, reconciliations, reporting.
- Manage end-to-end buying/procurement processes by facilitating RFQs, purchase orders, large-scale shipments, handling catalogue management and pricing, managing vendor relationship, handling negotiations.
- Handle business development tasks in order to support the unit`s portfolio growth.
- Deliver value for our customers from need analysis to after-sale experience. Work as an account manager in a customer-facing role (more than 160 UNDP country offices around the world and other UN agencies).
- Manage the enhancement of the unit`s order management platform (ServiceNow) in order to improve workflow efficicency, ease end-user experience and develop and monitor KPIs.
- Demonstrate project management skills and ability to quickly understand internal processes to generate continuous improvement.
- Coordinate with different product teams and catalogue managers;
- Communicate enhancements across the unit via knowledge management (via articles, webinars, trainings).
- Ability to manipulate large data sets and create operational and strategic reports (using excel, PowerBI).
- Guarantee data accuracy through coordination of data load and frequent data cleaning. Ability to present data in dashboards and reports to support decision-making processes;
- Perform internal reporting checks and handling quarterly closing procedures.
- Handle on an ad hoc basis, HR and administrative tasks such as: participating to recruitments, taking care of VISA processes and onboarding procedures, support on Travel and reimbursement procedures
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
People Management (Insert below standard sentence if the position has direct reports.)
UNDP People Management Competencies can be found in the dedicated site.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Digital & Innovation
Ability to extract, analyse and visualize data (including Real-Time Data) to form meaningful insights and aid effective decision making.
Administration & Operations
Documents and records management
Overall document (hard or electronic) management; registry and retention policy including storing and archiving.
Ability to support budgetary aspects of work planning process, drawing and management of team budgets
Required Skills and Experience
Min. Academic Education
- Master Degree in Management, International Business, Development Studies or related field;
- Bachelors degree with additional 2 years of experience can be accepted in lieu of Masters Degree.
Min. years of relevant Work experience
- With Master`s minimum 2 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the areas of procurement, corporate finance, administration or similar.
- With Bachelor`s minimum 4 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the areas of procurement, corporate finance, administration or similar.
Required skills and competencies
- Experience in procurement/purchasing/supply chain;
- Experience with account receivables and payables, financial reconciliations or budgeting. The candidate must be customer-oriented and must demonstrate an experience in a vendor-facing or customer-facing role.
- Familiarity with reporting and process optimization.
- Experience in manipulating large datasets to conduct financial reporting and formulate insights (in Excel), using various IT platforms including ERP systems.
- Experience in project management, and ability to collaborate with various stakeholders with a result-oriented attitude;
Desired additional skills and competencies
- UN experience is desirable.
- Fluency in one or more additional UN languages will be an asset.
- Knowledge of Oracle and/or Atlas (ERP systems) is a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow is a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of PowerBI is desirable.
- Experience with coordinating development of digital workflows to improve operations and automation will be an advantage;
- Experience in dealing with administrative tasks and/or HR taks, which requires a high degree of precision, consistency and planning, will be an advantage.
Required Language(s) (at working level)
- Proficiency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of other UN language is desirable