UNHCR - United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
UNHCR Guatemala City, Guatemala
Procedures and Eligibility: This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
This is an open call for applications for UNHCR Group Two candidates for General Service positions.
Successfully screened candidates will be given access to apply to internally advertised General Service positions with UNHCR Guatemala in line with the revised Administrative Instructions on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally recruited Staff (RALS).
What is Group 2?
In accordance with RALS, UNHCR uses candidate groups in the recruitment for General Service positions. Group 2 is a candidate pool consisting of applicants who fall under one of the categories below, with one year of continuous or cumulative service in UNHCR/UN in Guatemala:
- Current locally recruited UNHCR staff members holding a temporary appointment up to a maximum of two grades above their current positions.
- Former locally recruited UNHCR staff members who held an indefinite or fixed-term appointment (within 2 years of separation for males and 5 years for females) up to a maximum of two grades above the last position at UNHCR.
- National United Nations Volunteers currently working for UNHCR.
- National UNOPS and individual contractors currently working for UNHCR;
- Current UNHCR staff members in the International Professional category holding an indefinite or fixed term appointment.
- Current UNHCR staff members in the NPO category holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment; or Current locally recruited female staff members from other UN system Organizations holding the equivalent of an indefinite or fixed-term appointment up to a maximum of two grades above their current positions.
- Cumulative experience can also be a combination of categories. Breaks in service of three months or less do not impact the qualifying period.
- Current means at the time of application for the open call.
Valid period for Group 2 status: Group 2 status is valid for three years, during which candidates will be given access to apply for internal UNHCR Guatemala General services (GS) vacancies. The three year internal applicant status is reduced to two years in respect of former male staff members, given that they are eligible to apply to internally advertised positions for two years.
How to get into Group 2
Interested candidates can apply to various profiles which match their experience and above criteria. All candidates need to submit their application through the open call to be able to be considered as a Group 2 candidate and no off-line application is acceptable. How to notify successful candidates: The Group 2 status will be confirmed by UNHCR’s Guatemala HR team and should you be successfully vetted; you will receive official email from UNHCR.
Language Requirements: For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English. (Level B2)
We only accept applications submitted through the MSRP portal. No late applications will be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and might be requested to sit for a test. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. The evaluation of applicants will be conducted based on the information submitted during the application.
Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
UNHCR strongly encourages qualified female applicants to apply. UNHCR seeks to ensure that male and female employees are given equal career opportunities.
UNHCR is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms gender, disability, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing or any other fees).
IMPORTANT: Recruitment as a UNHCR staff member and engagement under a UNHCR affiliate scheme, or as inter, is subject to proof of vaccination against COVID-19
In case of any question regarding the appliation process, please contact: [email protected]
The closing date for this Group 2 call is 20/08/22 (Midnight Geneva time)