OSCE - Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
OSCE Office in Tajikistan
The OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe promotes the implementation of OSCE principles and commitments, as well as the co-operation of the Republic of Tajikistan within the OSCE framework in all three dimensions. It is involved in a wide range of activities, ranging from counter-terrorism and border management projects to supporting cross-border markets and free economic zones, human rights, media development, and legal reform initiatives.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The incumbent is assigned to the ExB project “Integrated Cooperation on Explosive Hazards Programme” within the Countering Security Threats and Regional Cooperation Unit, Politico-Military Department. Under the overall supervision of the Programme Officer, the successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
- Supporting the Programme Officer in full project cycle management of all Explosive Hazards activities within OSCE POiD under the Extra budgetary project, i.e. budgeting; project identification; project development; project implementation, monitoring and controlling; and project self-evaluation;
- Supporting the Programme Officer in the programmatic development of the Unit’s project portfolio on a policy, coordination and implementation levels;
- Providing reports, including periodical analytical reports, and briefings on situation and developments in Tajikistan relating to explosive hazards and mine action, including thorough preparation of briefing material for internal and external use, practical technical advice and guidance on the Explosive Hazards issues to the OSCE POiD staff in Dushanbe;
- Liaising with the national authorities in Tajikistan, international organizations and other stakeholders on the explosive hazards and mine action issues, e.g. in-line ministries and agencies, donors, and NGOs;
- Supporting the Programme Officer in collaboration with the Ministry of Defence of Tajikistan, Commission on Implementation of International Humanitarian Law (CIIHL), Tajik National Mine Action Centre (TNMAC) and other stakeholders to identify and address policy and strategic issues facing Tajikistan within the agenda related to the explosive hazards;
- Supporting the Programme Officer in the national capacity building efforts on the operational level in accordance with the established proposals, policies and procedures and the OSCE core values. The incumbent is expected to provide direct management capacity building assistance on explosive hazards and humanitarian de-mining to the national IP;
- Supervising all relevant financial and administrative documents, coordination of work related to procurement of goods and services including contracts with implementing partners according to the OSCE requirements of rule and regulation;
- Performing general supervision over project activities and manage the project in the absence of the Programme Officer;
- Performing other duties as required.
Please note that this is an extra-budgetary post and initial appointment will be for one year. Further extension of the post is subject to availability of Extra-Budgetary funds.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe, please see: (link)-office-in-dushanbe
- University education in international studies, political science, economics, law or related fields;
- Formal training in Explosive Hazards/Mine Action fields;
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience in Explosive Hazards/Mine Action field;
- Experience of working with heads of department and other middle management in public service;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, Russian and Tajik languages;
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications;
- Possession of a valid automobile driving license and ability to drive using manual transmission;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions, is 1,165.83 EUR. Social benefits will include participation in the medical insurance scheme.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under (link)
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see (link)-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see (link)-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
- Issued by: OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe
- Requisition ID: COU00000L
- Contract Type: Local Contracted
- Grade: NP1
- Job Type: Contracted
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe, Dushanbe
- Issue Date: Jul 20, 2022
- Closing Date: Aug 10, 2022
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Field: Project Management