IOM - International Organization for Migration
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Senior Regional Resource Management Officer for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) and the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, and in coordination with regional resource management unit, the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for providing daily technical guidance to support the implementation of MIRAC project.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
-Coordinate the overall implementation of the project “Enhancing Capacity of Resources Management Staff in the Middle East and North Africa” including its financial, administrative, and technical oversight in line with IOM policies and practices as well as donor requirements. -Carry out assessment of needs in the Resources Management Unit within the MENA, identify problems/gaps as well as priorities required to develop the training curriculum -Monitor the implementation of activities to achieve project outcomes in accordance to the budget and the work plan (WP). -Develop TORs and plan the recruitment as well as the supervision of experts/contract institutions as required to undertake specific activities and objectives set forth in the work plan. -Manage and guide consultants as well as interns contracted by IOM within this project to work on the activities and objectives listed in the work plan, and ensuring that their work is conducted in a timely manner and hold high quality; in coordination with RO RMO and SRRMO. -Prepare regular reports and special documents covering the project activities in the MENA region; prepare briefings and background information as required, including agendas, meeting minutes and final narrative report. -Liaise with donor, field offices and relevant departments within IOM on a regular basis to ensure proper implementation of the activities and share best practices e.g. SDL, HRM, ACO, DRM. -Coordinate logistics procedures with support staff for training, webinars, meetings, staff exchange and any other activities as defined or arising as a result of the project as conducted. -Verify purchasing requests and financial payments for project activities. -Undertake duty travels as required. -Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
– Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Business Administration, Migration Studies, International Relations and/or Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or – University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
– Experience in project development, activation, implementation & reporting; – Experience working in the region is an advantage. – Knowledge of IOM RMU roles and procedures; – Knowledge and understanding of IOM project cycle; – Strong ability to communicate in English and Arabic; – Proven ability to collaborate well and to deliver work in a timely manner.
– Good communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships
– Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
– Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
– Team-management and leadership skills
– Documentation management and ability to use project management tools
– Attention to details even under pressure
– Time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.