OSCE - Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina (the Mission) continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH. As part of the SALW Project, and based on the needs assessment of the small arms and light weapons (SALW) storage sites of Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) in BiH, ten (10) storage sites (PA Prijedor – RS, PA Banja Luka – RS, PA Zvornik – RS, PA Lukavac – FBiH, PA Doboj – RS, PA Foca – RS, PA Konjic – FBiH, PA Livno – FBiH, PA Bihac – FBiH and PA Zenica – FBiH) will receive support through upgrading of safety and security infrastructure (i.e. 5 in RS and 5 in FBiH, one central depot per administrative unit). The envisaged support entails the construction, refurbishment, furnishing and IT equipment procurement.
Objective of Assignment:
The Mission is seeking to engage a National Consultant/Construction Expert to support the Project Implementation Team (PIT) in upgrading physical storage infrastructure at the selected LEAs’ SALW storage sites, including the delivery of furniture and installation of intruder-detection systems (IDS) with closed-circuit television (CCTV i.e. video surveillance) with access control.
Duration of Assignment:
This is a consultancy assignment with an expected duration of 65 working days in the period 25 August 2022 – 31 March 2023.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
In close coordination with the PIT and LEAs’ supervisors, the National Consultant/Construction Expert will assist with the co-ordination and management of works on upgrading the SALW police storage sites and with the monitoring and inspection of construction works at the sites.
The National Consultant/Construction Expert will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Coordinate and Verify the delivery of construction materials on site as per relevant contract documentation and Technical Project Documentation and monitor usage of construction materials;
- Report on regular basis to OSCE Project Manager on the conduct and timeliness of construction works and installation of IDS/CCTV as per Technical Project Documentation;
- Schedule deliverables as per Technical Project Documentation related to construction works and IDS/CCTV;
- Monitor and co-ordinate construction and IDS/CCTV installation work schedules in their entirety i.e. until handover to beneficiaries;
- Oversee all onsite and offsite construction and IDS/CCTV installation to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations as well as Technical Project Documentation and ensure that works are carried out in good quality and timely manner;
- Perform inspections related to the quality of construction works and installation of IDS/CCTV required as per the project designs/specifications for all works on and off-site and monitor the activities/works as per approved method statement and inspection test plan;
- Support the rectification of any identified issues/problems, where necessary and as per guidance of the OSCE Project Manager;
- Submit reports on regular basis on the delivery of the construction works and installation of IDS/CCTV to the OSCE Project Manager;
- Co-ordinate with the IDS Supervisor and quality control companies’ representative site inspections and meetings on quality matters;
- Co-ordinate the submission of all documents (i.e. certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instruction/observations, etc.); enabling quality assurance/control for construction work and installation of IDS/CCTV.
The National Consultant/Construction Expert is expected to visit each beneficiary site, minimum once per two weeks or more frequently if required and to hold meetings with Mission members and with the representatives of the company executing the works. After each site visit, the National Consultant/Construction Expert is obliged to submit Site Visit Report to the OSCE Project Manager.
For more information on the work of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: (link)-to-bosnia-and-herzegovina.
- A first-level university degree in the area of construction/mechanical engineering, with experience in design or managing of CCTV and/or IDS;
- A minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience in design, construction and supervision of construction works related to the security infrastructure and management of IDS/CCTV activities;
- Demonstrated capacity for analysis of recommended engineering processes in relation to safety and security planning;
- Prior experience in the application of safety and security standards for infrastructure upgrades at military and/or LEAs would be an advantage;
- Ability to provide a high-quality written assessment in English based on a number of official sources and inputs;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with pronounced report writing ability;
- Punctuality and ability to effectively multi-task and deliver results under tight deadlines;
- Advanced proficiency in B/C/S and in English.
Remuneration will be based on the selected consultant’s/expert’s qualifications, experience, the tasks and deliverables for this position and in accordance with the OSCE established rates.
This consultancy is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only. If you wish to apply for the consultatncy assignment, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under (link)
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see (link)-competency-model.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
- Issued by: OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Requisition ID: SEC00001O
- Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
- Grade: No grade
- Job Type: Consultant
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo
- Issue Date: Jul 27, 2022
- Closing Date: Aug 9, 2022
- Job Field: Military Affairs
- Target Start Date: 25 August 2022