ECB - European Central Bank
Type of contract Fixed-term contract, which may be extended subject to individual performance and organisational needs
Who can apply? EU nationals
Salary E/F (bracket 1 – step 1) full time monthly net salary: €4,229 plus benefits, for further information see what we offer.
Role specialisation Multimedia
Working time Full time
Place of work Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Closing date 10.10.2022
You will be part of our Multimedia team in the Design and Digital Division of the Directorate General Communications. Our Division is responsible for the ECB’s digital communications, including its websites, design and content, digital content, social media , publications and visual communications.
In your role as a Multimedia Specialist, you will be part of a team that is responsible for developing the ECB’s digital communications strategy, including social media. In particular, this will involve providing photos for institutional websites and social media, as well as being responsible for the photography, videography, visual media editing, podcasting and the audio-visual side of the ECB’s communications in general. We seek talent, creativity, innovation and quality, combined with strategic thinking. Our ideal candidate is a restless creative thinker who lives and breathes digital, embraces challenge and cherishes innovation.
You will work with people from a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. We are seeking talented, creative and goal-oriented individuals who will help us to achieve the Division’s objectives by always being mindful of teamwork.
The ECB is an inclusive employer and we strive to reflect the diversity of the population we serve. We encourage you to apply irrespective of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or other characteristics.
As a Multimedia Specialist you will:
- develop innovative audio-visual storytelling productions across multiple platforms to support related communication objectives and audio-visual requirements, with a focus on making complex topics accessible to the general public;
- perform the duties of official photographer and videographer for the ECB, and transport, set up and operate equipment for location and studio productions;
- record and edit audio and video project files of podcasts and physical and virtual events, and perform related tasks;
- build up and run a fully capable multimedia studio, assess technical needs, research new equipment and investigate new trends;
- manage multiple multimedia projects by collecting and analysing specifications, drafting documentation, briefing contractors and tracking and complying with all agreed schedules and deadlines;
- collaborate closely with other team members, internal stakeholders, collect projects’ requirements, plan ahead related actions, brief external creative agencies and contractors and quality check final deliverables while meeting deadlines agreed;
- proactively research and pursue creative concepts and ideas for further consideration and future development, including the use of analytics to inform decision making.
The position offers you excellent opportunities to express your creative talent. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in digital communications, photography, videography, film, advertising or another relevant field ( click here for details on degree equivalences);
- in addition to the above, ideally at least two years’ experience in the fields mentioned above, with a proven track record of collaborative success;
- expertise in visualising and producing original and distinctive high-quality audio-visual works, demonstrated through a portfolio showcasing your best photos, videos, animations, motion graphics, multimedia studio works, podcasts and audio-visual storytelling presentations;
- superior skills using audio, video and motion graphics software in the Adobe Creative Suite, combined with a creative eye and artistic sensibility, awareness of different styles and latest designs, in addition to other audio-visual trends;
- strong team coordination and organisational skills (including time and asset management), conceptual thinking and creative problem-solving skills;
- a clear understanding of the ECB’s mission, tasks and responsibilities, as well as a clear understanding of the European Union;
- an advanced (C1) command of English and an intermediate (B1) command of at least one other official language of the EU, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- all-round knowledge of running multimedia studio productions;
- proven expertise in robust project management production methodologies;
- an understanding of communications strategies used by leading private and public institutions;
- experience of working or studying in an international environment.
You engage collaboratively with others. You pursue team goals and learn willingly from other people’s diverse perspectives. You signal any need for change by explaining it and proposing alternative solutions. You analyse complex information effectively and can evaluate different views to arrive at solutions. You know and anticipate stakeholder needs.
You are motivated to contribute to the ECB’s mission, to serve the citizens of the EU as a member of a public institution and to work with colleagues from all over Europe.
You are motivated to be part of our team and to develop and use your skills and competencies to achieve the aims of this position.
Temporary appointments may be extended or made permanent subject to organisational needs and budgetary constraints. This may result in a staff member with a non-convertible fixed-term contract being offered a convertible contract in accordance with the ECB Conditions of Employment.
The contract offered will be fixed-term, the appointment being for 13 months as of the exact starting date of the selected person.
For additional information on this specific vacancy, you can speak to the Team Lead, Foivos Kourentas, on +49 (0) 172 3187939 between 11:00 and 12:00 on Mondays and between 14:00 and 15:00 on Wednesdays.
Application and selection process
The recruitment process for this position will be conducted remotely. It will include a written exercise, a presentation and an interview.
If you are not selected for this position but are still considered suitable, you will be placed on a reserve list (see step 4 of How we hire), from which you might be considered for similar positions within the ECB.
Find out how to apply for a position at the ECB. Read more about joining us.