ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC in Donetsk
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles. Established in 1863, the ICRC is at the origin of the Geneva Conventions and the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Donetsk, Luhansk, Dnipro, Poltava, Lviv, Odesa and Vynnytsia.
Please visit (link) for more information.
The ICRC Delegation seeks to fill the following positions: Movement Cooperation Officer
Based in Donetsk
AIM OF THE POSITION
- Movement Cooperation Officer contributes to developing and implementing the delegation’s objectives for cooperation with Red Cross (RC) in Donetsk (DON). Supports the RC in DON in formulating and implementing joint assistance programs, taking into account the capacities of the RC in DON
- Contributes to the ICRC Cooperation strategic reflection (eg input in PfR exercise).
- With support from Cooperation Coordination and Management / Heads of ICRC DON departments, contributes to the preparation of annual Operational Agreements (Annexes of Partnership Framework Agreement)) between the RC in DON and the ICRC.
- With support from Cooperation Coordination and Management, provides technical support to ICRC DON departments and RC in DON for the implementation of the joint projects / programs within the framework of the operational partnership.
- Contributes to the development of the partnership skills of the ICRC and RC in DON.
- Identifies, assesses and analyzes the RC in DON operational capacities, strengths, weaknesses and operational needs, reports them to the Cooperation Coordination and Management, in order to better set strategy and objectives for capacity building, and clearly communicates them to colleagues.
- Maintains regular operational contacts with all RC branches in DON which are involved in the implementation of joint projects/programs, including undertaking trips to the field to prepare and attend joint assessments/activities and/or contribute to capacity-building activities.
- Prepares plans of action and establishes cooperation related priorities at ICRC office level.
- Ensures that the RC in DON provides operational and financial reports on a regular basis and according to established formats and procedures; provides training and regular coaching in financial management and reporting to the RC in DON staff.
- Provides the Cooperation contribution to institutional reporting of the SD and to other institutional reports as required.
- Actively participate in the life and reflection of the Cooperation Team.
- Under the direct supervision of the Management, supports the public communication for the area of responsibility covered by the ICRC DON.
- S/He, with close coordination with the Communication Field Officer in DON SD, contributes to representing the ICRC with external media and building the necessary understanding, acceptance of and support for the ICRC.
The tasks and responsibilities defined above are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on organizational needs.
Minimum required knowledge & experience:
- University degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of English and/or French. Ideally knowledgeable in another ICRC working language.
- computer proficiency
- Minimum 3-5 years’ work experience in a field relevant to Movement Cooperation (inside or outside the ICRC).
- Minimum 2
- 3 years’ experience as Movement Cooperation Officer 1 or 1-2 years’ international humanitarian work experience with the ICRC or any other Movement Component (NS and/or International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies).
- Genuine interest to work for the humanitarian sector;
- High level of motivation, commitment to accuracy;
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and taking initiatives;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- strong sense of responsibility;
- capacity to adhere to and to implement procedures;
- Ability to work methodically with demonstrated analytical skills;
- Genuine interest to work in humanitarian aid field;
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service attitude;
- Strong sense of autonomy and responsibility;
- good team player.
We offer a rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment, and also:
- Initial training and on-boarding organized
- Opportunity to work and grow in an international working environment in the humanitarian sector
- Good working condition and competitive salary with benefits
Starting date: ASAP
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations by email only to the attention of Human Resources Department:
Deadline for applications: 03.08. 2022
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No queries by phone please.