WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Aiming to feed 13 million of the most vulnerable people with food assistance, WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers, and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day.
Assisting 91.4 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving Lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
In 2019, WFP is scaling up its Yemen operations aiming to provide 12 million people with monthly food assistance through direct food distributions, vouchers or cash and nutritional support to nearly 3 million pregnant and nursing women and children under 5.
The WFP YECO Medical Officer will be working closely in collaboration with RBC/HQ medical team and CO management and HR. The incumbent will wo rk under the technical guidance from the Regional Medical Officer and will administratively report to the HRO NOB with the overall guidance from the Head of HR. WFP Medical Officer will initially cover Hodeidah and these areas may expand in the future.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Plan, organize, manage, and coordinate administrative medical services in the assigned areas.
- Liaise with the Regional Medical Officer and seek guidance on complex matters, formulating proposals and providing insights noting Yemen context and available medical facilities.
- Liaise with UN clinic medical team and follow up on WFP suspected/confirmed COVID cases and/or medical conditions of staff; follow up on testing for WFP suspected/confirmed cases.
- Provide guidance to staff on proper home isolation as per WFP guidelines and COVID protocols; Contact staff and provide advice on the next steps, i.e. potential hospitalization, or home isolation.
- Identify any potential COVID contacts from WFP staff/dependents and share with contact tracing focal points for follow-up; undertake contact tracing.
- Provide referrals for staff to outside specialists, as required; liaise with hospitals and medical centers, as required.
- Provide advice and care for communicable and non-communicable diseases and coordinate with UN clinic for medical care and follow up.
- Provide day-to-day medical update of unwell staff and dependents for both suspected and confirmed COVID cases as well as other illness.
- Maintain and analyze medical records and medical reports for unwell WFP staff and dependents as well as those that are hospitalized; visit patients in the hospital and provide support as well as report to the Regional Medical Officer on the patient status.
- Provide awareness webinars for staff or selected group of staff (i.e. Drivers, warehouse staff) on COVID preventive measures, as well as other topics, as requested.
- Provide support on vaccination campaign.
- Undertake other duties, as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in medicine, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Experience: One or more years of continuous clinical experience or other medical specialization.
Language: Fluency in English (level C written and spoken). Fluency in Arabic (level C written and spoken).
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- A current medical license.
- Progressive professional experience in healthcare.
- Experience in any outbreak response and emergencies, similar to Covid-19.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Have strong communication skills.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only
- Indicate all your job TOR
- indicate clear years of experience with each job (Month/Year)
- WFP staff who are still under probation period are not eligible to apply for another FT position.
- WFP staff on FT contracts must have completed one year in the current position to be eligible to apply for another FT position.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
- Successful candidates vetted as viable candidates through the application process will be retained on internal roster for a two-year period and may be given further consideration for future similar specific position advertised in the duty station.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
15th September 2021
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always is free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff are made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
Ù„Ø§ ÙŠÙ‚ÙˆÙ… Ø¨Ø±Ù†Ø§Ù…Ø¬ Ø§Ù„Ø£ØºØ°ÙŠØ© Ø§Ù„Ø¹Ø§Ù„Ù…ÙŠ Ø¨Ø§Ù„Ø§Ø³ØªØ¹Ø§Ù†Ø© Ø§Ø¨Ø¯Ø§Ù‹ Ø¨Ø£Ø´Ø®Ø§Øµ Ø§Ùˆ Ø¨ÙˆÙƒØ§Ù„Ø§Øª Ø®Ø§Ø±Ø¬ÙŠØ© ÙÙŠ Ø§Ù„ØªÙˆØ¸ÙŠÙØŒ Ø¹Ù„Ù…Ø§Ù‹ Ø¨Ø§Ù† Ø¹Ù…Ù„ÙŠØ© Ø§Ù„ØªÙˆØ¸ÙŠÙ Ø¯Ø§Ø¦Ù…Ø§Ù‹ Ù…Ø¬Ø§Ù†ÙŠØ©. ÙŠØ¨ØØ« Ø¨Ø±Ù†Ø§Ù…Ø¬ Ø§Ù„Ø£ØºØ°ÙŠØ© Ø§Ù„Ø¹Ø§Ù„Ù…ÙŠ Ø¹Ù† Ù…Ø±Ø´ØÙŠÙ† Ù…Ù† Ø£Ø¹Ù„Ù‰ Ø¯Ø±Ø¬Ø§Øª Ø§Ù„Ù†Ø²Ø§Ù‡Ø© ÙˆØ§Ù„ÙƒÙØ§Ø¡Ø© Ø§Ù„Ù…Ù‡Ù†ÙŠØ© ÙˆØ§Ù„Ø°ÙŠÙ† ÙŠØªÙ‚Ø§Ø³Ù…ÙˆÙ† Ù…Ø¨Ø§Ø¯Ø¦Ù†Ø§ Ø§Ù„Ø¥Ù†Ø³Ø§Ù†ÙŠØ©.
ÙŠØªÙ… Ø§Ø®ØªÙŠØ§Ø± Ø§Ù„Ù…ÙˆØ¸ÙÙŠÙ† Ø¹Ù„Ù‰ Ø£Ø³Ø§Ø³ ØªÙ†Ø§ÙØ³ÙŠ ÙˆÙ†ØÙ† Ù…Ù„ØªØ²Ù…ÙˆÙ† Ø¨ØªØ¹Ø²ÙŠØ² Ø§Ù„ØªÙ†ÙˆØ¹ ÙˆØ§Ù„ØªÙˆØ§Ø²Ù† Ø¨ÙŠÙ† Ø§Ù„Ø¬Ù†Ø³ÙŠÙ†. Ø³ÙŠØªÙ… Ø§Ù„Ù†Ø¸Ø± ÙÙ‚Ø· Ù„Ù„Ù…ØªÙ‚Ø¯Ù…ÙŠÙ† Ø§Ù„Ø°ÙŠÙ† ØªÙÙŠ Ù…Ù„ÙØ§ØªÙ‡Ù… Ø§Ù„Ø´Ø®ØµÙŠØ© Ø¨Ù…ØªØ·Ù„Ø¨Ø§Øª Ø§Ù„ÙˆØ¸ÙŠÙØ© Ø§Ù„Ù…Ø¹Ù„Ù† Ø¹Ù†Ù‡Ø§ØŒ ÙˆÙÙ‚Ø· Ø®Ù„Ø§Ù„ Ø§Ù„Ù…ÙˆØ¹Ø¯ Ø§Ù„Ù†Ù‡Ø§Ø¦ÙŠ Ø§Ù„Ù…Ø¹Ù„Ù†
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
- Office WFP Hodeida, Yemen