WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
All applications should be received no later than 16 September 2021.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In 2020, WFP was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for its efforts to fight hunger globally, including its work during the coronavirus pandemic.
In Syria, WFP provides food assistance to more than 4.6 million people each month. This includes families who require emergency assistance when affected by conflict and displacement and also those who need help to improve their nutrition and food security. WFP supports children across Syria with healthy meals and snacks at school, mothers with nutritious diets, and families and communities with sustainable livelihood projects.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
CONTRACT TYPE & DURATION
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract – G6
Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Damascus
Number of required employees: 1
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The Logistic Associate (Funds Management and Billing) will work in the Logistics Funds Management section of the Supply Chain Unit and in collaboration with other units of WFP
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
This post is based in Damascus and falls under the direct supervision of a National Logistics Officer (Funds Management and Billing) and overall responsibility of the Head of the Fund Management/Commodity Accounting Unit, as well as the Head of Supply Chain.
Within delegated authority, the Logistics Associate (Funds Management and Billing) will be responsible for the following duties:
- Plan and monitor invoices processing for all logistics services:
- Supervise the processing of invoices for Logistics Service Providers. Making sure all internal control measures have been taken to reserve the rights of WFP (such as calculation of invoices, valid contracts, valid PO’s and consistency with WFP systems)
- Ensure fair workload allocation between the team members.
- Ensure that payments for all vendors are regularly reviewed and reconciled.
- Ensure proper care is taken of all vendors accounts by the team.
- Monitor & Analyse team entries in WINGS regarding all logistics services:
- Ensure the entries and other actions in SAP – External Services Management Module – are done properly and on time such as PO and Service Entry
- Prepare periodic & ad hoc reports and analysis related to Food Transfer Cost activities:
- Reconcile and monitor GR/IR open items report and make sure it is cleared on time.
- Periodically extract and Monitor team’s KPI
- Prepare different reports and analysis related to vendors, payments, services and any other report requested from management.
- Lead the team of invoice processing in “Logistics Funds Management and Billing”:
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and service providers to support logistics operations.
- Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialized queries/requests for support.
- Prepare material and deliver trainings for service providers and WFP staff on Fund Management and Invoicing Procedures whenever requested.
d. Make sure that the supervised team owns knowledge in
i. Managing all type of logistic service invoices
ii. Basic of Internal logistic tracking system procedures and transaction (LESS)
iii. Basic Budgeting and Monitoring Food Transfer Cost
iv. Basic warehouse operation
v. Basic contracting review
e. Evaluate team members under supervision for all the aspects of their job each six months and guide them to build their capacity where needed.
- Ensure that the filing and archiving system is updated and provides easy retrieval of documents for audit and other purposes.
- Mentors’ system users on proper standards/techniques to improve their accuracy and efficiency.
- Contribute together with the team mangers, finance and, IT team in digitalizing most of the invoice procedure to reduce environmental impact
- Act as alternative for funds management associate when he/she is not available:
- Create and maintain fund allotments for various Food Transfer Cost (FTC) activities upon request.
- Prepare FTC Funds Analysis & Monitoring reports for the CO Management, Regional Bureau and HQ upon request.
- Participate in preparing and review FTC Budget upon request.
- Update commodity value deduction table upon request.
- Act as OIC for “Funds Management & Billing” Section when requested.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: At least five years of progressively responsible relevant experience in the fields of Accounting and/or Supply Chain.
Languages: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Supervisory and communication skills
- Develop work plans and monitor team performance
- Extensive knowledge of Accounting procedure and roles (preferably IPSAS)
- Experience in maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing inland logistics activities from operational and accounting point of view
- Experience in administering third party service providers’ and accounts receivable
- Vendor management account receivable department
- Experience in using ERP (SAP MM – External Services Management Module)
- Experience in Financial Planning, Budgeting for Logistics and Reporting
- Experience in warehousing, port operation and, transport services is an added advantage
- Experience in working in humanitarian/ non-profit contexts
- Outstanding Excel and reporting skills are a must
- Project management is a plus
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please upload your professional CV in English in PDF format making sure to include the following in terms of “Experience”:
- Company/Organization name and scope of work of the organization
- Exact Position Title
- Contract type: part-time, full-time, volunteer, consultant, or freelancer
- Start and End date of Employment for each position: From (dd/mm/yyyy) to (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Responsibilities: To mention the main responsibilities that highlight your gained skills and experience
- A proof of your experience will be required in the final stage of recruitment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the next stage of the selection process. Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once application is submitted.
HOW TO APPLY
If any of the below links do not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar:
Please ensure that your VPN is connected before clicking on the link below.
Internal candidates https: (link)?jobId=148264&company=C0000168410P
External candidates (link)-listing.wfp.org/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=148264&company=C0000168410P
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
- Grade G-6
- Office WFP, Syria