ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC in Donetsk
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Legal Adviser in its sub-delegation in Donetsk.
The Legal Adviser advises delegation, in particular the ICRC field offices in Donetsk and Luhansk on local legal matters, conducts related legal work, guides research on and analysis of specific legal matters and broader sectors of the applicable regulatory framework (if required). He/she participates to the legal support provided to the delegation and sub-delegations by the legal department for legal corporate issues. He/she contributes to the strategies to address identified issues and delegation objectives in the legal domain.
Functional general responsibilities:
- Analyses the situation, advises, and provides guidance on the applicable legal frameworks and norms in relation to delegation activities, objectives
- Drafts legal notes/analyses and contributes with legal aspects to internal working papers of the delegation
- Monitors developments in the local regulatory framework with the focus on civil, commercial, tax, labor, and administrative legal matters, in account with regulatory framework of other states when relevant to the ICRC operations in the area and/or upon a specific request from departments concerned.
- Follows up on requests from other departments on legal corporate issues, including for correspondence and preparation/review of contracts and Memorandums of Understanding.
- Advises on socio-economic and legal aspects related to support departments.
- Accompany other departments in meetings with external contacts.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Insert requirement from the JD or Requisition Form
- Master’s law in domestic and/or international private law
Admitted to the bar is an advantage.
Fluent command of English and of the local language (including legal drafting skills).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in legal field, including in private practice, legal firm, multinational company or as inhouse legal advisor in IO/INGO
- Computer proficiency.
Social package and other benefits:
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 20 days vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 01/02/2023
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: (link)