The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB, and Malaria
The Global Fund in Geneva, Switzerland
Lead, Executive Communications – GL D
As the Global Fund seeks to strengthen its brand and increase its relevance and visibility in a rapidly evolving world, the Executive Communications unit is key to articulating the Global Fund’s positions on key topics. The unit works with departments across the organization, and particularly closely with senior management, to translate the Global Fund’s strategic positions into clear, consistent, and easily accessible communications materials to help staff and partners communicate the Global Fund’s work both internally and externally. The Lead, Executive Communications develops editorial messaging and defines the framing of Global Fund positions on key topics through key messages and talking points and serves as the lead writer of flagship publications and op-eds, speeches and blogs for the Executive Director and senior staff. The Lead oversees the work of staff and consultant communications specialists and associate specialists , to write and produce publications such as impact reports and issue briefs. They support colleagues across the External Relations and Communications Division (ERCD) and other divisions, as the need arises to ensure consistency of messaging across external and internal communications materials and channels.
- Develop editorial messaging and define the framing of Global Fund positions on key topics, including producing and maintaining key messages and talking points
- Produce executive communications products including op-eds, blogs, and speeches for the Executive Director and senior staff
- Write and lead the production – together with the Creative Studio – of flagship publications including the Results Report, Investment Case and Strategy documents
- In coordination with the Executive Communications team, and the Creative Studio, write and produce additional publications such as issue briefs and impact reports
- Oversee, formulate, and coordinate key messages and talking points for senior leadership, staff, and partners in time-sensitive and high-stakes situations
- Ensure messaging, publications, and communications materials are in line with the Global Fund brand and follow Global Fund house style and terminology
- Working closely with the Manager of Executive and Operational Communications, provide strategic communications guidance and support to senior staff
- Work with colleagues across ERCD and the Secretariat to communicate complex issues to diverse audiences and ensure consistency of messaging in Global Fund communications
- Provide coaching and training to staff to improve the quality and clarity of writing and communications products in the Global Fund
- Perform People Management responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
Subject to change by the Executive Director at any time at their sole discretion.
- Advanced university degree in journalism, communications, public relations, international development, or a relevant field; or
- University degree in journalism, communications, public relations, international development, or a relevant field
- Strong experience in journalism, public relations, or communications
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of communications, operations, principles and practices, and of the global development and health sectors
- Proven ability to work in a diverse, multicultural environment.
- 4-6 years of experience in journalism, public relations or communications
- Experience working in a large, preferably global organization
- Experience working in a developing country
- Over 2 years of people management experience
Languages: Excellent knowledge of English and preferably a good working knowledge of French. Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- Global Fund awareness and mindset – Level 2
- Service orientation – Level 2
- Drive for results – Level 2
- Collaboration – Level 2
- Interaction – Level 2
- Adaptability – Level 2
- Communications – Expert
- Business – Mastery
- Multicultural Understanding – Mastery
- Project Management – Mastery
- Country Context – Foundation
- Geopolitical Awareness – Mastery
The Global Fund recruits top-tier talent for our open positions, in support of our mission to end AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics.
Explore our vacancies and apply on the Global Fund Careers recruitment system.
More information on working at the Global Fund is available on the Careers section of our main website.
Job Posting End Date
15 February 2023