UNESCO - United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
UNESCO Paris, France
Parent Sector : Communication and Information Sector (CI)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Communication and Information
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 7 to 11 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 30-SEP-2022
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Communication and Information and the Chief of Section for Digital Innovation and Transformation (CI/DIT) and the direct supervision of the Programme Specialist responsible for Open Educational Resources (OER) and digital competencies, the consultant will specifically undertake the following tasks:
- Support the implementation of the OER Dynamic Coalition (OER DC) activities : support the development of the OER DC Portal by providing backstopping for the development of the content and community building; and facilitate regional and intra-regional collaboration between stakeholders.
- Organize at least 2 Bilingual OER Dynamic Coalition Webinars: identification of themes, draft concept note, liaison with speakers and UNESCO CLD services, inputs to the moderation of the Webinars and implementation of follow up actions arising from these Webinars.
- Support the development of the UNESCO OER Recommendation Guidelines for Capacity Building and for Policy by assisting in their finalization, organizing awareness raising events related to these tools and facilitating the organization of at least 2 workshops for the implementation of these tools.
- Support the first monitoring exercise of the OER Recommendation by assisting in the analysis of the inputs received; preparation of related reports and the drafting of communication materials concerning the reports of the monitoring processes.
- Support the organization of at least 2 capacity building events related to the ICT Competency Framework for Teachers offering digital skills development for teacher trainers and/or trainers of instructors working with youth. This includes liaison with the ICT CFT Harnessing Network and support for its further development.
- Assist in analyzing resource requirements and setting/adjusting resource mobilization targets, mapping of potential donors and reaching out to potential partners.
- Support at least 1 capacity building event related to the Revised Guidelines on the inclusion of learners with disabilities in ODL.
- Prepare news items, reports, synthesis notes, and briefings related to ongoing and future OER Dynamic Coalition projects, activities and events, and other programme documents; carry out relevant desk research.
Deliverables and timeline:
- Monthly progress reports on the progress in delivering the outputs related to the work assignment
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in education, communication, social sciences or related field.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience at the international level in education.
- Ability to work efficiently in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment and team spirit.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating project implementation actions and results in a Multilanguage context.
- Knowledge of UNESCO/UN rules and procedures.
- Ability to implement communications and publications strategies.
- Advocates effectively.
- Communicates sensitively and effectively across different constituencies.
- Excellent communication skills, excellent writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize issues and analyze data to compile and synthesize information in coherent and succinct formats.
- Sharing knowledge across the organization and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing.
- Excellent coordination and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use office equipment with computer literacy in graphic design, publication design, multimedia products development, web design, web content, etc.
- High attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of English and French.
- Proven experience implementing activities related to OER and UNESCO Normative Instruments.
- Proven work experience in the establishment and maintenance of electronic collaborative working spaces for the implementation of activities in a multilingual and multicultural environment.
- Experience working on activities related to ICT and Education in the UNESCO and /or UN Context.
- Experience working in UNESCO Field Units.
- Knowledge of Arabic, Chinese, Russian and/or Spanish will be an asset
Interested candidates should provide the following required information:
- A letter indicating how their qualifications and experience make them suitable for the assignment.
- A personal CV.
- List of relevant publications, if any. Provide link or URL to view online.
- A competitive fee for the assignment, which should be quoted in USD (or EUR) and expressed on a monthly basis (with maximum amount 2750 EUR).
- The selected candidate will work remotely. No travel supported.
- Contract duration is for a period of 11 months.
- Only applications providing the information requested under application procedure will be considered.
- Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a competency-based interview.
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States ( last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.