International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
ISO Central Secretariat Geneva
We are ISO, the largest developer of International Standards. We bring together experts, to share knowledge and develop standards that provide solutions to global challenges. This is because we believe that great things happen when the world agrees. We have an exciting opportunity at our Central Secretariat in Geneva.
ISO is committed to be an equal opportunity employer and to creating a culture and environment where each employee is an active contributor to our collective success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin and culture, disability, or age.
IT Programme Manager (100%) – Temporary contract of 2 years
The Programme Manager joining the Information Technology Services (ITS) Department plays a pivotal role in the life of the organization by ensuring the delivery of new IT solutions and services, which in turn help the organization achieve its goals; accompanying the constant changes through innovative improvement of existing solutions and business processes; as well as providing the whole ISO community with high-level business support.
Reporting to the Head of IT Projects and Support, you will be working in partnership with our members, external users, internal business teams including the Project Management Office (PMO) and the IT Development, Operations and Data teams
- Lead and manage IT (and beyond) programmes and projects, providing high-level reporting to ISO/CS senior management and ISO Governing bodies, in line with practices defined by ISO/CS PMO.
- Manage stakeholders and lead project implementation teams (i.e. IT Development, Operations and Data teams and internal business representatives) to ensure timely product development, release, and end-user adoption.
- Within the ISO/CS PMO framework, contribute to the definition and improvement of IT projects supporting materials.
- Assist with business case definition, identification and prioritization of technical and functional requirements.
- Assist with systems testing and coordination of user acceptance testing.
Report to: Head of IT Projects and Support
Qualification and Experience
- Solid record in leading and managing IT projects (but not limited to) using project management methodologies (including those related to change management) and creativity.
- Experience in managing 3rd party resources on projects.
- Technical background, able to find fit-for-purpose products through market screening and review technical feasibility.
- Able to interact with diverse stakeholders using sound verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing skills and interpersonal, consultative and facilitation skills.
- Autonomous, curious, flexible, and proactive mindset with a high sense of ownership and commitment.
- Solid analytical thinking and problem-solving mindset and ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis.
- Working proficiency in English (with excellent writing skills). Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Enthusiastic about working in a collaborative, highly motivated multicultural, high-caliber team of around 30 people.
Starting date: asap.