IMF - International Monetary Fund
Work for the IMF. Work for the World.
Applications are being solicited for the position of Interpreter/Translator at the International Monetary Fund (IMF)’s Middle East Center for Economics and Finance (CEF) located in Kuwait City. The CEF is a regional training center of the IMF with a mission to strengthen the skills of officials from Arab League countries in economics and finance, mainly through training courses and seminars.
This is a full-time position with an initial contract of two-years (renewable based on performance and mutual agreement between CEF and staff). It carries a competitive salary and a benefits package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications. For non-residents of Kuwait, CEF will provide one-time relocation and living allowances at the beginning of the appointment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Interpreting simultaneously and consecutively during training courses.
- Translating course materials in Word, Excel, and other formats.
- Coordinating closely with CEF teams on interpretation and translation assignments.
- Researching the subject matter including new terminology.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- The successful candidate must be a native Arabic speaker with a university degree in English language and/or translation or simultaneous interpretation.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic with excellent interpretation and translation skills (English-Arabic and Arabic-English).
- Ability to produce translations that require little or no revision.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and SharePoint), WebEx, and Zoom.
- Working knowledge of economics, and work experience in translation of economic and financial texts from English into Arabic.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build collaborative relationships in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving, planning, organizing, and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities while maintaining high level of productivity and quality.
ICDAI CE IMF-Middle East Center
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including age, creed, culture, disability, educational background, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, nationality, race, religion and beliefs, and sexual orientation.