OSCE - Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
Within the framework of UB project “Enhancing environmental monitoring and disaster risk management” the OSCE Programme Office in Bishkek (POiB) will provide expert support to the Ministry of Natural Resources, Ecology and Technical Supervision of the Kyrgyz Republic (Ministry of Natural Resources) to conduct a series of training sessions aimed at capacity-building, including technical assistance, tailored to the needs of its core staff.
One of the capacity building activities is a training session on the use of new laboratory and measurement equipment for the staff of the Department for Environmental Monitoring of the Ministry of Natural Resources. The training will cover both theoretical and practical sessions with focus on practical application of the given equipment, including calibration and sample measurements.
The contracted expert is expected to deliver training session on practical application of the following equipment:
- Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer AA-7000F;
- Mercury analyzer (Lumex Marketing);
- Liquid analyzer FLUORAT-02 (Lumex Marketing);
- Analyzer STA voltammetric;
- Gas analyzer 310A;
- Gas analyzer K-100;
- Gas analyzer H-320;
- Gas analyzer SV-320A;
- Gas analyzer GAMMA-ET;
- Gas analyzer Cascade H-62.2;
- Dust Analyzer DustTrak “8533”;
- Diluent generator type GS-2000
The work of the Consultant shall be directly supervised and coordinated by the Programme Manager in close cooperation with the Ministry of Natural Resources, Ecology and Technical Supervision of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Objective of Assignment:
To conduct a two-week training session on practical application of laboratory equipment for the staff of the Department for Environmental Monitoring of the Ministry of Natural Resources.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Programme Manager, the International Consultant will perform the following tasks: 1) develop a training module for a course on practical application of laboratory equipment; 2) conducting a theoretical overview of environmental expertise and monitoring; 3) calibrating and setting up the settings of the equipment; 4) conducting a practical training on application of the equipment; 5) develop a set of recommendations on use of equipment for the staff of the Department; 6) submission of report on the training exercise and deliverables to POiB.
- Provide a report on conducted training exercise for practical use of laboratory equipment in line with the OSCE template, supported by feedback forms, and list of participants of the training sessions by the end of contracting period;
- Provide deliverables summary report in line with the OSCE template by the end of contracting period.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Programme Office in Bishkek, please see: https:// (link)-office-in-bishkek.
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in the environmental sciences or related fields;
- At least 5 years of experience in environmental expertise, geochemistry, chemistry or related field;
- Experience in collaborating with international and regional experts and institutions;
- Exposure to environmental issues or nature resource management desirable;
- Experience in practical application of laboratory equipment;
- Experience in delivering training and developing methodological materials;
- Sound understanding of key software packages (MS Office);
- Fluency in English and Russian with excellent communication (both oral and written) skills.
Remuneration will be based on the selected consultant’s/expert’s qualifications, experience, the tasks and deliverables for this position and in accordance with the OSCE established rates.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under (link)
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see (link)-competency-model.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
- Issued by: OSCE Programme Office in Bishkek
- Requisition ID: ECO00003K
- Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
- Grade: No grade
- Job Type: Consultant
- Number of posts: max 6 months
- Location: OSCE Programme Office in Bishkek, Bishkek
- Issue Date: Jul 14, 2022
- Closing Date: Aug 10, 2022
- Education Level: Master’s Degree (Second-level university degree or equivalent)