UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
UNDP in Peshawar
Job Identification : 4866
Locations : Peshawar, Pakistan
Posting Date : 07/25/2022, 10:49 AM
Apply Before : 08/15/2022, 06:59 PM
Job Schedule : Full time
Agency : UNDP
Grade : SB3
Vacancy Type : Internship Programme
Bureau : Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific
Contract Duration : 6 months
Education & Work Experience : Bachelor’s Degree
Required Languages : Urdu, English
Internship Programme 2022 – UNDP Pakistan
“JOIN A LIFE CHNAGING MISSION”
The Stabilization and Development Programme under the Crisis Prevention and Recovery Unit (CPRU) was launched to complement the efforts of the Government of Pakistan in creating enabling environment for stabilization, inclusive economic growth and access to services. Following the merger into KP, the programme has re-aligned its priorities with the Tribal Decade Strategy (2020-2030) and supports the Government’s policies aiming at development and growth of the Newly Merged Districts (NMDs) of KP.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Programme Manager, the intern will assist the programme, based on an agreed work plan, tasks and achievements by performing the activities narrated below for the duration of the internship:
- Support research linked to the delivery of programme and project according to the work plan and present findings in brief, crisp points.
- Summarize key findings of reports/studies on economic growth studies.
- Provide support in data management including identification, development and updating database(s) with in the various components of the assigned unit.
- Assist in preparation of presentations.
- Provide administrative support in setting up of meetings and recording of minutes.
- Providing support to the programme team in day-to-day functions related to implementation of work plans and related activities.
- Any other relevant work assigned by the Supervisor.
- Achieve Result: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline;
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements;
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback;
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible;
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident;
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships:
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
- The candidate must be enrolled in a post graduate programme (master’s or higher) OR enrolled in the final year of a first university degree (such as bachelor’s)” OR have recently graduate with in one year from the date of advertisement OR enrolled in postgraduate professional traineeship programme and undertaking internship as part of the programme. The institution must be recognized by Higher Education Commission, Pakistan. Major in Economics or Development Studies will be preferred.
- Not required.
- The candidate must be fluent in English and have both written and speaking skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
Skills and Requirements:
- Basic understanding of MS Office.
Important information for US Permanent Residents (‘Green Card’ holders)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.