ADB - Asian Development Bank
Job Vacancy | Thursday, December 15, 2022
Reference Number: 220670
: Department: Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department
Division: Safeguards Division
Location: Asian Development Bank Headquarters
Date Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2022
Closing Date: Wednesday, February 15, 2023 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
“Valuation Systems and Approaches under Involuntary Resettlement in Several ADB DMCs”
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
ADB Safeguards Policy Statement considers all affected assets to be compensated at replacement cost which should be assessed by the professional valuator. There are different types of impact and valuation approaches in different countries. Under the Safeguards Policy update, SDSS is looking on valuation approaches in different countries to define lessons learn and to identify good practices to inform preparation of further guidance material. SDSS already started to conduct interviews with valuation specialists, consultants, and safeguards specialists to understand how valuation works in different countries. SDSS needs support in analyzing qualitative information collected during these interviews. This task will entail the following: (a) summarize main findings based on the videorecording of the in-depth interviews following provided methodological approach; (b) support findings with desk review of relevant legal documentation where available; and (c) prepare a presentation on the main findings.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Timing: June 2023
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, depending on prevailing travel restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
(a) Summary report with main findings
(b) Summary presentation
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in social sciences, economic science, or law.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
1) Interest in involuntary resettlement issues and some understanding of ADB’s social safeguards;
2) Experience in conducting literature and desk reviews;
3) Excellent writing and communications skills; and
4) Experience in analyzing qualitative information is a plus.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application: 1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).