IOM - International Organization for Migration
IOM in Makassar
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at (link)
Only external candidates will be considered for this vacancy. This is a request for Curricula / expression of interest for the position of Intern (Communications). The success candidate will be offered Internship Contract. Applications from all gender candidates are encouraged.
Operational in Indonesia for more than 40 years, IOM Indonesia is one of IOM’s large missions in the world working on a wide range of activities in partnership with the Government of Indonesia, civil society, private sector actors, migrants and communities. IOM Indonesia is engaged in several thematic areas, including: Counter Trafficking and Labour Migration (CT/LMHD), Disasters, Climate and Resilience (DCR), Immigration and Border Management (IBM), Migrant Assistance, Migration Health, and Resettlement and Voluntary Returns.
IOM Indonesia aims to improve the quality of care for refugees and asylum seekers referred to IOM by the Government of Indonesia according to applicable international humanitarian and human rights standards. IOM also contributes to the increased protection of vulnerable subgroups of displaced persons, such as unaccompanied migrant children (UMCs), victims of sexual and gender-based violence, pregnant women, and the elderly, among others, through the establishment of referral mechanisms involving the active participation of specialized state and non-state service providers.
Under the direct supervision and management of Programme Assistant III (Empowerment & Social Cohesion and MHPSS & Protection) in Makassar and overall supervision of National Programme Officer in Makassar, the incumbent will work in close coordination with the Programme Clerk and Programme Assistant II (MHPSS & Protection) based in Makassar. The incumbent will be responsible for providing support for day-to-day implementation of MHPSS & Protection programme activities in Makassar.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Under the guidance of Programme Assistant III (Empowerment & Social Cohesion and MHPSS & Protection) in Makassar become familiar with IOM work and MHPSS & Protection team activity in Makasar office.
- Provide clerical support for day-to-day implementation of programme activities in coordination with IOM MHPSS & Protection team in Makassar.
- Provide administrative support to the MHPSS & Protection team in managing the local volunteers and refugee volunteers who provide activities to refugee community (i.e., verifying teaching hours and eligibility, checking the supporting documents, etc.)
- Participate in the MHPSS & Protection team activity in organizing events to promote community empowerment, awareness raising, and other activities.
- Assist the MHPSS and Protection team in creating and compiling accommodation visitation reports.
- Co-facilitate in the general/non-clinical counseling sessions led and supervised by the MHPSS & Protection staff
- For knowledge and skills enhancement purposes, participate in the overall case management process led and supervised by the MHPSS & Protection staff.
- Under the guidance of Programme Assistant III (Empowerment & Social Cohesion and MHPSS & Protection), assist the MHPSS & Protection team in providing teaching and activity materials for refugee-led activities.
- Document and take notes of training sessions, meetings, and other MHPSS & Protection activities.
- Assist the MHPSS & Protection team in collecting and keeping the record of data related to mental health & psychosocial support and protection activities.
- Assist the team in receiving and checking all incoming invoices from service providers and submitting them for verification.
- Undertake any other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum under-graduate school) in Psychology, Social Welfare, Social Work, Education, or a related field from an accredited academic instituion; or
- Enrolled in a second university degree (graduate school/equivalent); or
- Have graduated with a university degree within one year of graduation.
- Relevant professional or volunteer experience with civil society organizations, volunteer groups, is an advantage
- Excellence computer skills (word processing, spreadsheet, database, email exchange, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access), SPSS);
- Flexible and open to learning new experiences
- Good interpersonal, networking, and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied culture and professional backgrounds
- Ability to write clear and concise report
Proficient in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both oral and written. Working knowledge of UN official languages will be an advantage.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.