ADB - Asian Development Bank
Job Vacancy | Friday, July 15, 2022
Reference Number: 220434
: Department: Information Technology Department
Division: IT Finance and User Services Division, ITD
Location: Asian Development Bank Headquarters
Date Posted: Friday, July 15, 2022
Closing Date: Thursday, September 15, 2022 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
“IT vendor engagement and service level monitoring.”
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The intern will be part of the Vendor Management and Outsourcing Team and actively work to develop ADB’s strategic suppliers by implementing vendor management-led governance, evaluating supplier performance, promoting risk mitigation, and creating/maintaining dashboards for performance tracking and presentation to senior leaders. Additional responsibilities and job duties may include:
- Help analyze existing business and information technology processes
- Participate in vendor performance reviews through client interviews
- Assist in analysis and documentation of supplier performance
- Identify areas of potential risk and communicate these to the team
- Adhere to process guidelines and standards
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for senior management
- Perform other duties as assigned
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
- Timing: January 2023
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, depending on prevailing travel restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
The intern will be able to learn and develop different skills through a valuable experience in a multicultural and dynamic environment and have the opportunity to see how ADB works, and IT supports digital transformation.
This intern will learn about vendor relationship management, while working closely with the vendor management team to develop KPI’s/metrics, and conduct analysis of said metrics, as well as working with the team on metrics dashboard development for our Senior Leaders. The intern will be a key contributor to help the department develop a comprehensive metrics dashboard for Strategic suppliers. The focus will be on teamwork, working with internal and external stakeholders, managing timelines, data analytics and defining ways to improve on any found gaps from the metrics analysis.
Other expected outcomes:
- Real world experience: The Intern will be assigned to a dynamic project team and will take ownership of a portion of the project. The Intern will learn more about conducting research on existing business processes, mapping current processes and determining gaps.
- Understanding of vendor management and outsourcing practices: The position will give the Intern exposure to the complete lifecycle of vendor management, vendor risk management, and vendor performance management.
- Presentation Skills: Throughout the assignment, the Intern will provide oral and written presentations to team members, team leaders, and senior management.
- Skills development: Opportunity to develop technical and non-technical skills in a global environment
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in Data analytics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics or Business Administration may be helpful. IT experience not required.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Fluency in English
- Possess an analytical approach to problem solving and a results-oriented mindset
- Must have good writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate strong teamwork, creativity, and enthusiasm for challenges
- Ability to work in technical environments
- Openness to constant change and process improvement
- Dependability and professionalism are a MUST
- Ability to summarize and communicate important data
- Good knowledge of MS Office
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application: 1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).