UNRWA - United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East
UNRWA Amman, Jordan
Posting Title: Information Systems Officer- Band G, Step 1, 15 [Cancelled]
Job Code Title: Information Systems Officer
Department/Office: United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA)
Duty Station: AMMAN
Posting Period: 22 January 2023 – 04 February 2023
Job Opening Number: 23-Information Management Systems-UNRWA-199166-R-Amman (E)
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Sorry, this job opening is no longer available.
Organisational Setting and Reporting
JFO IMTD will lead the implementation and design for education digital transformation project (KFW) which will expand access to devices & connectivity for students and teachers, and it will also contribute to improving the schools infrastructure, including and not limit to upgrade the school network infrastructure, internet connectivity, provide the needed wireless access to school facilities and class rooms, configure the tablet. we expect an increase in incidents and service requests while implementing the digital transformation project for education which is funded by KFW. Accordingly, as project proposed two positions of ICT Service Desk Officer to assure continuity of the providing efficient support to response for the digital transformation project, which requires two years of support.
- The incumbent reports to: FIMTO or Senior ServiceDesk officer
- The incumbent Supervises: Service-desk officer -LDC
- Implements, administers and supports both enterprise on-premises and cloud systems such as Messaging and collaboration systems, Content Management platforms, IT Service management systems and other related systems, including:
1 Performing all tasks necessary to fulfil Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
2 Identifying and resolving/escalating reported systems, functional and/or operational issues and problems in coordination with other support teams within the Information Management and Technology Department (IMTD), Field IMT Office (FIMTO), and from external service providers.
3 Resolving system and/or user issues and managing service requests.
4 Monitoring, testing, and analyzing system activities to ensure maximum performance, efficiency, and availability.
5 Recommending, scheduling, and performing software patches, upgrades, and/or purchases.
6 Providing 2nd level support for related applications and services to other support teams.
7 Issuing periodic performance and utilization reports.
- Creates and maintains consistent, quality documentation to meet ongoing operations and business continuity requirements. Documentation will include system topologies, operating instructions, system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Works with IMTD and FIMTO project managers and business analysts as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) to design and develop solutions to address business needs and opportunities.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of Information Management and Technology standards, policies, and procedures in coordination with IMTD and FIMTO teams including related audits, compliance activities, and managing projects related to services deployments.
- Contributes to the development of policies, procedures, and technologies associated With training plans to ensure effective use of developed solutions and related systems.
- Assists with information security-related activities, including reporting exposures, investigating incidents, analyzing alerts and vulnerabilities, and implementing remediation and audit recommendations.
- Participates in enterprise service delivery support activities related to the user account and access management of applications and systems, including:
1 Creating user accounts and assigning approved roles.
2 Resolving issues related to user access to systems.
3 Performing periodic reviews and audits on user accounts of applications to ensure only approved roles are assigned, and inactive accounts removed.
- Complies with IMT policies, frameworks, and standards, UN best practices, and industry standards as well as relevant technical guidelines, conducting training for business counterparts and team members as required.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor(s).
- Planning and Organizing.
- Creating and Innovating.
- Leading and Supervising.
- Adapting and Responding to Change.
- effective decision making.
- Advance degree from an accredited educational institution in computer science, information technology, electrical or computer engineering, or related discipline.
- Recognized first degree from an accredited educational institution in computer science, information technology, electrical or computer engineering, or related discipline.
For MA holders: A minimum of five years of relevant experience with implementation, and administration of Microsoft on-premises or cloud-based platforms and related messaging and collaboration systems, content management systems, and active directory is required.
For BA holders: A minimum of seven years of relevant experience with implementation, and administration of Microsoft on-premises or cloud-based platforms and related messaging and collaboration systems, content management systems, and active directory is required.
Knowledge/experience in IT service management implementation and management is required.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Technical Test.
- Competency-based interview.
Contract Status: LDC Band G/S1 for 1 year with the possibility of further extension, subject to the availability of funds, satisfactory performance, and continuing need.
Benefits: Band G/S1, Monthly Salary from JD 1538.40
Other benefits include Medical Insurance. Dependency allowance is subject to eligibility.
Department/Office: IMTD/ Service Unit
Duty Station: Jordan Field Office (Amman)
- Project Management training preferably with practitioner certification.
- Certification in Microsoft Office 365 Administration, Azure, SharePoint Online, and/or other related Microsoft cloud-based systems and applications.
- Knowledge of UNRWA’s operations and computer facilities environment.
Licenses and Certificates:
- MCSA and/or MCSE or related certification and IT Service Management certification such as ITIL foundation.
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, the Director of Human Resources may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
- This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. Only candidates residing in Jordan, and within commuting distance of the duty station with authorization to work in the duty station at the time of application are eligible to apply. The Agency will not assume responsibility or accountability to support or facilitate the issuance of work permit in Jordan, and without a valid work permit, the appointment may be rescinded.
- Since the Vacancy is an Area Staff post, the Agency will not provide coverage for relocation costs.
- UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women.
- A roster may be created from the selection exercise, and that successful candidates may be appointed to the same post. In the case of multiple or recurring posts, that a roster will be created from which the candidates will be selected for appointment;
- Only applications that have been fully completed in UNRWA’s online e-recruitment system inspira will be considered and no late applications will be accepted. The PHP should be completed with full relevant work experience under the experience tabs as per the requirements in the Job Opening. All acquired university degrees must also be stated, if applicable. Applicants applying to positions for Grades 12 to 20 must submit a cover letter/motivational statement in order to be considered. Additionally, providing incorrect or misleading information on an application will result in the immediate disqualification of a candidate.
- For UNRWA internal staff, they are required to specify and include their current UNRWA grade level. To do so applicants should select under “Category” RLG, scroll down to see all categories, then select their local grade.
- Advertisements published only in English will only accept applications in English, and Arabic submissions will not be considered.
- The Agency may disqualify applicants whose name appears on the UN Sanctions List or a UN database of staff separated for reason of misconduct or of staff who separated whilst misconduct processes were pending.
- UNRWA shares investigation and misconduct information with other UN Agencies, and past and prospective employers, about staff members who have been separated for misconduct, or who have separated whilst an investigation and/or disciplinary process for misconduct is underway; and such persons may be prohibited from employment with the United Nations.
- The Agency will immediately disqualify applicants who are ineligible for any reason in accordance with the Agency regulatory framework.
- UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states, regional bodies, business foundations and individual contributions. The mission of UNRWA is to help Palestine refugees achieve their full potential in human development under the difficult circumstances in which they live.
- Applications from UNRWA staff member who had been demoted with deferred eligibility for promotion will not be considered.
- Applications from Staff members who were recipients under the Early Voluntary Retirement or Exceptional Voluntary Separation Schemes will not be considered.
- Applications from Internal candidate serving for less than one year in your current post will not be considered.
- The Agency reserves the right not to make an appointment, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description or to change the contract Modality.
- Provided very good understanding of the context of Palestine refugees and UNRWA operations.
- A candidate is not eligible for consideration if he or she was short-listed and found not suitable for the same post within the previous 12 months unless the post description has since been altered by 30% or more, as determined by ODCS.
United Nations Considerations
Staff members are subject to the authority of the Commissioner-General of UNRWA and to assignment by him or her.
UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified applicants from under-represented groups.
At UNRWA, the paramount consideration in the recruitment and employment of staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity, with due regard to geographic diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs. UNRWA is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested and indicated in the application.
UNRWA staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of efficiency, competence, neutrality, impartiality and integrity. This includes respect for and commitment to human rights, diversity and non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. Candidates will not be considered for employment with UNRWA if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment. The Agency may disqualify applicants who have separated for reason of misconduct, who left a UN Agency while misconduct processes were pending, or who appear on the UN Sanctions List.
UNRWA is a non-smoking work environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
Sorry, this job opening is no longer available.