Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
IDB Invest Gender, Diversity, and Inclusion Officer
Bahamas, Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica, Suriname, and Trinidad and Tobago.
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable diversity and inclusion professional who will help us change people lives in Latin America and the Caribbean by providing strategic advice and guidance to companies to become more inclusive.
ABOUT THE IDB INVEST:
IDB Invest aims to be the partner of choice for the private sector in Latin America and the Caribbean. We finance projects to advance clean energy, modernize agriculture, strengthen transportation systems, and expand access to financing.
Like the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), our commitment is to economic growth and social inclusion; that is central to our identity, as part of the IDB Group. But our focus is on the private sector.
As the private sector arm of the IDB Group, we know the region. We work where our clients are and can provide them with customized financing solutions and expert advice tailored to their specific industry and market.
IDB Invest is owned by its 48 member countries, 26 of which are in the Latin American and Caribbean region. Each country’s voting power is proportional to the number of IDB Invest shares it holds.
Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative, and multicultural work environment. We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong dedication to gender equality. We encourage women, afro-descendants, Indigenous peoples, the LGBTQ+ Community, and persons with disabilities to apply. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at [email protected] to request a reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work collectively with IDB Invest clients in LAC across all sectors of the economy (such as: financial intermediaries and corporates in the tourism, agribusiness, manufacturing and telecom sectors, infrastructure companies) to develop gender equity, diversity and inclusion advisory solutions that improve their business performance
- Create diversity and inclusion strategies by focusing on their talent, market, and value chain specificities.
- Implement and monitor of their D&I programs.
- Ensure the delivery of training/workshops programs for clients in the relevant topics.
- Consult with senior leadership teams to support local implementation and delivery, when required.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to amplify the work of gender, diversity, and inclusion.
- Draw upon internal and external D&I data and insights to implement targeted initiatives that support clientele business strategy.
- Support IDB Invest own agenda on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Support team reporting efforts (donors reports, matrix results).
- Create knowledge products on relevant topics.
- Research on the intersection of gender/diversity & inclusion/climate/sustainability topics to draw best practices and create programs that target intersectional goals
- Collaborate closely with the Communications team to amplify IDB Invest’s diversity and inclusion.
- Education: You hold at least a Master’s degree, MBA, or equivalent degree in economics, international development, public and/or international affairs, finance, business administration, human resources, communications, engineering or any relevant field.
- Experience: At least five (5) years of professional relevant experience in the field of diversity and inclusion in private sector companies, consultancy firms, or development institutions.
- Languages: You are proficient (oral and written) in English. Fluency in Spanish, and knowledge of Portuguese or French is a plus.
Core and technical competencies:
Link to Core & Technical Competencies (← please Ctrl + Click)
- Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
- Nationality: You are a citizen or have a valid residence or legal permit to work in any of the Caribbean Countries. The CCB countries are Bahamas, Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica, Suriname, or Trinidad and Tobago.
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
Business Unit: The Department of Strategy and Development (DSP) primary role is to lead IDB Invest efforts to create, implement and sustain its strategic vision and achieve development impact and additionality. DSP delivers on: (a) Development Effectiveness, (b) Strategic Planning and Knowledge Management, (c) Social, Environmental, and Governance, (d) Advisory Services, and (e) Corporate Affairs.
The Advisory Services Division (ADV) works closely with the different Departments of IDB Invest to prepare impactful projects, mainstreaming sustainability considerations, supporting champions in specific sectors through knowledge products and outreach activities, and influencing the market through publications, conferences, and other activities. These products include climate change, gender, diversity and inclusion, public-private partnerships, and sustainability and MSMEs as well as digitalization.
- Type contract: Staff Officer Level D
- Modality: National
- Length of contract: Individuals will receive a fixed-term contract appointment for three years, which is renewable based on mutual agreement
- Reports to: Head of the Gender, Diversity, and Inclusion team.
- Location: Bahamas, Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica, Suriname, or Trinidad and Tobago. (Based on your nationality)
- Starting date: Q3 2022
WHAT WE OFFER
- Vacations: 24 days + 8 personal days
- Salary: competitive
- Health insurance: the Bank subsidizes employee premiums.
- Pension plan
- Relocation grant if applicable
Are you passionate about improving lives in LAC and you align with the requirements and qualifications? Apply! Our Talent Acquisition Team reviews every application.
CONTACT US: [email protected]
- External Opening Date: Sep 15, 2022
- External Closing Date: Sep 30, 2022
- External Contact Email: [email protected]
- External Contact Name: HR Service Center
- Job Field: Investment Management