Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
We are looking a high performing IT professional to join the Analytics, Knowledge, and Information Division as Business Architect.
ABOUT THE IDB Invest:
IDB Invest aims to be the partner of choice for the private sector in Latin America and the Caribbean. We finance projects to advance clean energy, modernize agriculture, strengthen transportation systems, and expand access to financing.
Like the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), our commitment is to economic growth and social inclusion; that is central to our identity, as part of the IDB Group. But our focus is on the private sector.
As the private sector arm of the IDB Group, we know the region. We work where our clients are and can provide them with customized financing solutions and expert advice tailored to their specific industry and market.
IDB Invest is owned by its 47 member countries, 26 of which are in the Latin American and Caribbean region. Each country’s voting power is proportional to the number of IDB Invest shares it holds.
Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative, and multicultural work environment. We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong dedication to gender equality. We encourage women, afro-descendants, Indigenous peoples, the LGBTQ+ Community, and persons with disabilities to apply. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at [email protected] to request a reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
You have strong competency in IT systems for the banking industry. You will work with the other architects to develop and review designs for information systems to be implemented in accordance with the bank’s goals, needs, and objectives. This involves the uniformity of application implementations with a deep understanding of the business needs and the business strategy and the creation of a technology roadmap.
Design current-state business process models based on research and collaboration with business process owners and subject matter experts.
This position requires the ability to partner with teams to define, collaborate, influence, and clearly communicate architecture requirements and principles to propose solutions to technical and business needs across the organization and coordinate the Enterprise Architect at IDB ITE group.
Identify, assess, and communicate emerging technologies and trends, promoting the approach of native cloud integration to deliver secure, stable, and scalable solutions
Design, document, review, and maintain architecture standards applicable to a hybrid cloud environment leveraging various platforms and technologies, developing architecture, governance, and operational guidelines that address technical challenges and ensure efficient and effective end-to-end integration solutions.
Provide architectural domain expertise to create, migrate, and integrate modularized architectures and proven delivery methodologies across IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, serverless compute, message- and event-driven platforms.
Work in the assessment, planning, and design phases of projects’ lifecycles to support the overall alignment and adherence to IT standards and processes, adoption of architecture practices, and the overarching IT digital strategy that supports the Bank’s mission.
Aid in creating formal data structures, data architecture, data mapping, and data flow in support to integration and interoperability between applications adequate to both source and target solution.
Collaborate with various IT operations and development teams by reviewing, assessing, and proposing architectural designs and patterns to ensure systems capabilities meet functional and technical requirements.
Education: You hold an advanced degree (at least Master’s, MBA, or equivalent) in Finance, Business Administration, Engineering, International Development and/or other relevant fields. Academic specialization in infrastructure development and/or transaction management is desirable.
- Minimum 6 years combined experience in software development, solutions architecture, cloud integration architecture, and/or data architecture.
- Proficiency in articulating enterprise level cloud-native and hybrid cloud architectures and design frameworks as well as aligning application/solution designs within these architectures/frameworks
- Understanding/exposure to the governance and operationalization of integration platforms and API management services.
- Strong technical skills in cloud architecture, integration design, and application interoperability in AWS and Azure utilizing native architecture patterns
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and applying secure coding standards in an enterprise environment.
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Well-versed on common web application and cloud integration technologies and software architectural styles used to build systems integrations in a hybrid environment.
- Practical knowledge of identity and access management technologies and services, including authorization and authentication standards.
- AWS or Azure Certified Architect, Certified Integration Architect, and TOGAF certifications are preferred.
- Financial and banking sector IT experience is a definite plus
- Languages: You are proficient in English and in another Bank official language (Spanish, Portuguese, and/or French).
Link to Core & Technical Competences (← please Ctrl + Click)
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
Business Unit: Information Technology area of its Analytics, Knowledge, and Information Division.
Reports to: Division Chief
Location: Washington, DC
WHAT WE OFFER:
Contract type and duration: 3 years international staff contract (renewable).
Vacations: 24 days + 8 personal days
Health insurance: the Bank subsidizes employees premium
Relocation grant if applicable
Are you passionate about improving lives in LAC and you comply with the requirements and qualifications? Apply! Our Talent Acquisition Team reviews every application.
CONTACT US: [email protected]
FOLLOW US: (link)
- External Opening Date: Sep 12, 2022
- External Closing Date: Sep 26, 2022
- External Contact Email: [email protected]
- External Contact Name: HR Service Center
- Job Field: Information Technology