Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
IDB Invest – B2B MarTech Consultant with Salesforce background – Marketing and Business Communications Team – Washington DC
Context of this search :
IDB Invest aims to be the partner of choice for the private sector in Latin America and the Caribbean. We finance projects to advance clean energy, modernize agriculture, strengthen transportation systems and expand access to financing.
Like the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), our commitment is to economic growth and social inclusion; that is central to our identity, as part of the IDB Group. But our focus is on the private sector.
As the private sector arm of the IDB Group, we know the region. We work where our clients are and can provide them with customized financing solutions and expert advice tailored to their specific industry and market.
IDB Invest is owned by its 47 member countries, 26 of which are in the Latin American and Caribbean region. Each country’s voting power is proportional to the number of IDB Invest shares it holds.
Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative, and multicultural work environment. We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong dedication to gender equality. We encourage women, afro-descendants, Indigenous peoples, the LGBTQ+ Community, and persons with disabilities to apply. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at [email protected] to request a reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
The Investment Operations Department (INO) is responsible for generating a portfolio of high quality, creditworthy, and environmentally and socially sound projects that result in significant developmental impact. The business cycle goes from the identification, selection, origination, structuring and execution of transactions to their monitoring. The Department follows a matrix model, with three Segment/Industry divisions covering Infrastructure and Energy (IEN), Financial Institutions (FLI) and Corporates (SMC), two transversal divisions covering Financial Products and Services (FNP), and Portfolio Management (PTM) and two transversal teams responsible for (i) Marketing & Business Communications (MAR) and (ii) Business Strategy, Planning and Resources (BPR).
The Marketing & Business Communications Team (MAR) is responsible for supporting the business:
- Identify key clients, partners, and projects through a Relationship Marketing Strategy that aims to maximize our development impact and which is comprised of two main components:
- A Business Analytics component that facilitates a thorough analysis of our business behavior in order to help the make strategic decision.
- A Market Intelligence component that helps identify business opportunities aligned with our strategic objectives.
- Reach different markets and influence relevant strategic agendas through a Content Marketing Strategy that puts into value (i) our business, what we do and what we know and (ii) our industry experts and financial and non-financial products experts, with the objective of perceiving IDB Invest as the partner of choice in sustainable finance in the Region.
The Marketing and Business Communications Team is comprised of (i) Business Industry Connectors, (ii) a Client Strategy Officer, (iii) a MarTech Consultant and (iv) a Graphic Designer, all of whom report to the Head of MAR.
What you’ll do:
One of MAR’s strategic initiatives to support the business is the development of its MarTech framework, which consists of Salesforce (SF) CRM, Client Portal (SF-based), and other business and marketing tools.
You will be responsible for:
- Deploy future releases of SF CRM and Client Portal.
- Develop and deploy an e-mail marketing tool (SF Pardot).
- Develop and manage a central business database.
- Monitor and improve a business dashboard framework.
- Develop commercial landing pages, as needed.
- Develop and maintain a content management system (CMS).
- Manage and execute an account-based marketing.
- Monitor and improve the business and marketing metrics system.
In line with the above, you will work closely with IT and Segment/Industry teams to carry out the following activities:
- Understand users’ needs and gather their feedback.
- Write the stories and acceptance criteria associated to the new SF functionality and, together with the IT team, test the solutions.
- Develop training, supporting materials and user guides.
- Work in the change management process.
- Design the customer journeys needed for the sales team and marketing campaigns.
- Support users with all aspects related to the use of all marketing and sales’ tools.
- Motivate users about the benefits of the tools available for marketing and sales.
Once the MarTech framework is operational, you will work together with Marketing Business Connectors to develop different marketing campaigns and projects.
What you’ll need :
- Citizenship: If you are not a citizen or work permit holder of United States of America, we may offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your eligible dependents.
- Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB, IDB Invest, or IDB Lab.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, International Relations, Public Affairs, Business Administration, or another related field. Master’s degree in required (MBA or specific salesforce training will be a plus).
- Experience: At least five (5) years of relevant professional experience in B2B Salesforce sales and marketing as product owner or business owner. Strong background in SF CRM and SF Pardot.
Also, experience and/or knowledge in the following areas will be considered a plus:
- Client management strategy.
- Digital marketing, and/or market intelligence.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Languages: Oral and written proficiency in English and Spanish is required; knowledge of Portuguese and/or French is a plus.
- Type of contract and modality: Consultant full time.
- Length of contract: 36 months
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Responsible person : Head of Marketing and Business Communications Team
Our culture: Working with us you will be surrounded by a diverse group of people who have years of experience in all types of private investment development fields, including infrastructure and energy, corporates, financial institutions, financial and non-financial products and services, gender and diversity, communications and much more.
Because we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ+, persons with disabilities, afro-descendants, and indigenous people to apply.
About us: IDB Invest, a member of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) Group, is a multilateral organization, committed to the development of the private sector of Latin America and the Caribbean by financing loans, equity investments, and guarantees. In addition, IDB Invest partners with clients to provide advisory and training services.
The IDB Invest offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
Our Human Resources Department carefully reviews all applications.
COVID-19 considerations: the health and safety of our employees are our number one priority. As a condition of employment, IDB/IDB Invest requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- External Opening Date: Dec 8, 2022
- External Closing Date: Feb 28, 2023
- External Contact Email: [email protected]
- External Contact Name: HR Service Center
- Job Field: Technical Support