Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SPC)
The Pacific Community (SPC) is the principal scientific and technical organisation in the Pacific region, supporting development since 1947. We are an international development organisation owned and governed by our 27 country and territory members. In pursuit of sustainable development to benefit Pacific people, our organisation works across more than 25 sectors. We are known for our knowledge and innovation in such areas as fisheries science, public health surveillance, geoscience, and conservation of plant genetic resources for food and agriculture.
The Operations and Management Directorate (OMD) provides corporate services to all SPC divisions and programmes. It consists of three key teams: Finance, Human Resources and Information Services. OMD is focused on improving the effectiveness of systems, policies and management so as to provide high-quality customer-oriented services.
The ICT Programme Assistant facilitates procurement, administration, financial and vendor management support to the ICT section to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of services. The key responsibilities of the role include: General Administration Support Services
- Provide broad range of administrative and financial services support to ICT staff to enable the implementation of ICT Programme activities
Procurement, Finance and Asset Management
- Adhere to all Procurement, Finance and Asset Management Policy/requirements in an accurate and timely manner to lead efficient procurement and finance assistance and record keeping and management of deployed ICT equipment
- Maintain vendor relationships to ensure effect service delivery, improved customer satisfaction, reduced risk and continuous quality improvement
ICT Staff Travel Support
- Ensure arrangements for staff travel locally and abroad are conducted in an efficient and effective manner and in accordance with SPC travel policy and procedures.
Service Desk Support
- Provide Level 1 Service Desk support for IT related issues as directed by ICT technicians, including proactive queue management.
For a more detailed account of the key responsibilities, please refer to the online job description.
Key selection criteria
- Diploma in relevant ICT courses and/or diploma in admin/secretarial studies
Knowledge and experience
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in an ICT/ administrative/financial support role preferably in an ICT Service Desk environment
- Excellent Office 2016 skills
- Demonstrated organisational skills with ability to prioritise workload and complete work within deadlines
- Excellent PC-based computer skills, including sound knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Windows, and accounting software
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
Interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- Ability to work in a multicultural, inclusive and equitable environment
Salary, terms and conditions
Contract Duration – 3 years – subject to renewal depending on funding and performance
Remuneration – The ICT Programme Assistant is a Band 6 position in SPC’s 2022 salary scale, with a commencing taxable salary range of 1,846-2,308 per month, plus local staff benefits. An offer of appointment for an initial contract will normally be made in the lower half of this range, with due consideration given to experience and qualifications. Progression within the salary scale will be based on annual performance reviews.
Recruitment principles – SPC’s recruitment is based on merit and fairness, and candidates are competing in a selection process that is fair, transparent and non-discriminatory. SPC is an equal-opportunity employer, and is committed to cultural and gender diversity, including bilingualism, and will seek to attract and appoint candidates who respect these values. Due attention is given to gender equity and the maintenance of strong representation from Pacific Island professionals. If two interviewed candidates are ranked equal by the selection panel, preference will be given to the Pacific Islander.
Closing Date – 22 August 2022 at 11:59pm (Fiji time)
Job Reference: JR00006
Applicants must apply online at (link)
Hard copies of applications will not be accepted.
For your application to be considered, you must provide us with:
- an updated resume with contact details for three professional referees
- a cover letter detailing your skills, experience and interest in this position
- responses to all screening questions
Your application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed at shortlisting stage if all the above documents are not provided. Applicants should not attach copies of qualifications or letters of reference. Please ensure your documents are in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format.
Only Fijian citizens are eligible to apply for this role.
- Please describe your experience in with Financial systems such as Navision and your experience in managing budgets and tracking spending.
- Please describe how you have used Help Desk Systems (for example Service Now) to support your work as an ICT Programme Assistant or related role.
- Please describe your experience with ICT suppliers in general and your experience in doing technical evaluations of quotes received based on procurement rules in your workplace.
Type: Contract – Local
Category: Information & Communication Technology
Reference ID: JR000066
Date Posted: 08/08/2022