UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
Job Identification : 7755
Locations : Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Posting Date : 01/20/2023, 01:42 PM
Apply Before : 01/28/2023, 04:59 AM
Job Schedule : Full time
Agency : UNDP
Grade : NB3
Vacancy Type : National Personnel Service Agreement
Practice Area : Effectiveness
Contract Duration : 6 months
Education & Work Experience : Bachelor’s Degree – 3 year(s) experience OR High School certificate- 6 year(s) experience
Required Languages : English, Uzbek
Desired Languages : Russian
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Job Purpose and Organizational Context
Under the overall guidance of Operations Manager and direct supervision of the ICT Associate (G7), the ICT Associate (NPSA 6) provides ICT services, daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure in the UNDP Country Office. The ICT Associate promotes a client-oriented approach. The ICT Associate (NPSA 6) works in close collaboration with ICT Associate (G7) for resolving ICT related issues.
Scope of Work: 1. Effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages
2. Support to networks administration
3. Help Desk support
4. Support to web management and internal application services
5. Provision of administrative support
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensures effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages, focusing on the on the following tasks:
- Installation, monitoring and maintenance of all UNDP hardware equipment to ensure effective functioning.
- Performance of specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs.
- Installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades, anti-virus programs on a timely basis.
2. Support to networks administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring of the network connection on a daily basis to ensure a stable and responsive network environment in UNDP Building.
- Trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems together with ICT Associate (G7).
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network access.
- Support to implementation of backup and restoration procedures. Maintenance of backup logs.
- Backstop ICT Associate (G7) on second level administration issues (resetting passwords, user profile management, backup execution, and etc.)
3. Provision of help desk support, focusing on the following tasks:
- Provide timely and high-quality user support via phone, e-mail and in person;
- Provide support to ad hoc user requests by finding necessary IT solutions to better suit specific user needs;
4. Support to web management and internal application services, focusing on the following tasks:
- Provide assistance to ICT Associate G7) in maintaining and development of (link) and (link) websites, UNDP Intranet on SharePoint Online
- Support office staff and provide coaching on usage of on-line tools;
5. Provision of administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware.
- Maintenance of a library of ICT related reference materials
- Monitor the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts.
- Provision of ICT support to key events.
4. Institutional Arrangements
Under the overall guidance of Operations Manager and direct supervision of the ICT Associate (G7) and will undertake day-to-day responsibility for IT support service.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination .
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Business Direction & Strategy: Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Ability to create clarity around UNDP value proposition to beneficiaries and partners and to develop service offers responding to client needs based on UNDP`s organizational priorities and mandate.
Business Direction & Strategy: Effective Decision Making
- Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources.
Business Development: Knowledge Generation
- Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for content, or responsive to a stated need
Business Management: Communication
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience
- Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels
Business Management: Digital Awareness and Literacy
- Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skillfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed
2030 Agenda: People: Gender
- Gender and Institutional Development.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Secondary education. University degree in any of the following areas: the field of software management, information technologies, communications engineering.
Experience: Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible experience in the areas of end-users support, support to management of hardware and software platforms, relevant office equipment, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of windows-based packages. Candidates in possession of Bachelor’s degree require minimum 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in supporting PCs, LAN equipment, Wi-Fi networks, printers, scanners;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows network infrastructure and MS Online products;
- Experience of Microsoft Windows domain and Active Directory support;
- Knowledge of programming with PHP, .NET and databases;
- Basic knowledge of graphic processing suites (Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw);
- Knowledge of information security concepts.
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section:
- Work experience in international development organizations is an asset.
- Working experience with any enterprise class Cisco network equipment support and configuration would be an asset.
Required Language(s) (at working level):
Fluency in English and Uzbek. Good command Russian is desirable.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.