FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
FAO Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Human Resources Assistant
Job Posting: 16/Sep/2022
Closure Date: 30/Sep/2022, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit : PMUSA – FAO Programme Management Unit for Saudi Arabia
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition : NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level : N/A
Primary Location: Saudi Arabia-Riyadh
Duration : 1 year (with possibility of extension)
Post Number : N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The Programme Management Unit (PMU) of the FAO-Saudi Technical Cooperation Programme (2019-2025) facilitates, coordinates and manages all technical and advisory services to be provided by FAO to the Saudi Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture (MoEWA). The project “UTF/SAU/051/SAU Strengthening MoEWA’s Capacity to Implement the Sustainable Rural Agricultural Development Programme” is the first project that has been approved within the framework of FAO-Saudi Technical Cooperation Programme (2019-2025). The project will provide technical and advisory assistance to the MoEWA in implementing its flagship sustainable rural agricultural development programme that has recently been approved within the context of the National Transformation Programme of the Saudi Vision 2030. The project expected results will be achieved through implementation of nine project components: 1) Development of coffee Arabica production, processing and marketing; 2) Development of beekeeping and honey production; 3) Development of rose production and trade; 4) Development of sub-tropical fruits production, processing and marketing; 5) Strengthening capacity of small-scale fishermen and fish farmers; 6) Strengthening capacity of small-scale livestock herders; 7) Development of rain-fed cereals production; 8) Enhancing value addition from smallholdings and rural activities; and 9) Strengthening MoEWA’s capacity in sustainable management of rangelands, forests and natural resources to support rural livelihoods.
FAO-Saudi Arabia is seeking for high calibre Assistant in human resources support.
The Human Resources Assistance report to the Administrative Officer under the overall guidance of the FAO Programme Director in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, liaising with the Regional HR Officer when needed.
Staffing, Screening, Section, hiring.
Tasks and responsibilities
The HR Support Assistant will carry out the following tasks:
- Research, compile and analyze information related to staff posts, NSHR assignments.
- Answer queries on entitlements and personnel procedures, brief and debrief NSHRs in conjunction with Global Resource Management System. Liaise with the SSC when required.
- Provide support throughout the recruitment process of non-staff employees, including the preparation of vacancy announcements; communicate with applicants and prepare offers/terms of employment;
- Assist in the recruitment of all categories of employees in KSA and provide support to selection processes (organization of interviews, contacting panel members and candidates, drafting selection report, etc);
- Support capacity development and training activities in KSA to deliver efficient and effective HR processes and services;
- Analyse, answer and follow-up on a variety of human resources requests and enquiries from staff and non-staff; provide guidance on relevant human resources guidelines and procedures liaising with HR RNE/CSH when needed;
- Provide briefing and de-briefing of personnel, provide information as to staff and non-staff entitlements and specificities of contracts, liaising with HR RNE/CSH when needed;
- Review, maintain and update confidential personnel information, records and files; ensure completeness and accuracy of records and that follow-up system on actions are taken;
- Perform reference checks;
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in human resources, management, business administration, organizational development, industrial psychology, law or a related field.
- At least four years of relevant experience in human resources management, recruitment and selection.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and Arabic.
- National of the KSA.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Extent and relevance of experience in human resources planning and management, including recruitment and selection
- Demonstrated communication skills, including the ability to convey and present sensitive issues/positions.
- Analytical skills and ability to write clear and concise reports is considered a strong asset.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic is essential.
- Experience working with UN is an asset.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at (link)
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: (link)
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT