WFP - World Food Programme
WFP in Kyiv
🚩 Vacancy Announcement n°: 340778
📢 Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
📌 Type of Contract: Service Contract
➡️ Unit / Division: Human Resources Unit / WFP Ukraine
📍 Duty Station: Kyiv
➡️ Duration: 12 months (renewable)
⏰ Closing date: Sunday 12 February 2023, midnight (Ukraine Time)
🔄 Successful candidates will be placed on the roster and rostered applicants may be contacted in the upcoming 12 months on an as-needed basis, for immediate opportunities.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: LinkedIn , Instagram , Facebook , Twitter .
What will you do in this position?
You will perform a range of HR tasks to support accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services in WFP Ukraine.
Why work with us?
The war in Ukraine has left an estimated one in three families without enough food , rising to one in two in some areas of the East and South. More than 6 million Ukrainians have been internally displaced and more than 6 million have left the country. Many of those who remain have lost their livelihoods, especially in areas close to the front lines. Millions who fled their homes to the country’s West are preparing for long-term internal displacement. Many who have returned to liberated areas around the capital, Kyiv, are struggling to rebuild their lives, having run out of money or found their homes reduced to rubble.
WFP is quickly scaling up to support 4.7 million people per month inside Ukraine, using a flexible mix of food and cash assistance. We support people wherever they are, including in areas close to the front line.
This is an opportunity for an exciting and challenging Human Resources role in a multi-cultural, hardworking, fun and interdisciplinary HR team. In addition, we offer: ➡ ️ Meaningful and impactful careers: Our day-to-day work makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve
➡ ️ Continuous learning and training: We provide learning tools for our staff to continually develop their careers
➡ ️ Multicultural and stimulating work environment: We encourage gender and cultural diversity to make our teams stronger
Join us to make a difference in Ukraine, watch this video to know more about us!!
How can you make a difference?
In this position, you will have to:
- Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other staff, to support their development and increased knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties.
- Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR related matters, i.e. payroll, contracts, etc. and provide necessary information in order to enable timely HR services.
- Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs.
- Provide administrative support in various HR activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer including on boarding of new staff members in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
- Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Use HR management systems for entering and updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
- Support staff deployment and related administrative actions including preparation of basic reports, to facilitate efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
To join us in saving lives, changing lives, you will have for…
Education : Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in Human Resources Management.
Experience : Five or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work, including at least two years in human resources.
Knowledge & Skills : We are looking for a dynamic, agile and creative HR Assistant(s) who are passionate about People. Specifically, we are looking for:
- Theoretical understanding of HR concepts and principles with knowledge of best practices, techniques and processes.
- Good communication skills and basic understanding of HR principles and their application in order to respond to and resolve general HR queries.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of individuals in order to provide a high-quality support service.
- Ability to collate and compile relevant data from a variety of sources in order to produce reports for supervisor(s).
- Ability to monitor and record personnel files and documentation in an organized manner and in line with compliance standards.
Language : Fluency (level C) in both in English and Ukrainian languages.
Before you apply…
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting an inclusive work environment in which diversity is valued and where no form of discrimination is tolerated. We aim to achieve parity in our teams in Ukraine. Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply. CV and cover letter must be submitted in English language.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service. Bottom of Form