International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Work for the IMF. Work for the World.
Section Chief, Service Delivery & Quality Assurance Team, HR Service Center
The Human Resources Department (HRD) of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) is looking to hire for a Human Resources Assistant staff position for its HR Service Center in its HR Operations Division.
Under the general supervision of the Deputy Division Chief, the HR Service Center Section Chief and Team Leads, the successful candidate(s) administers HR policies/programs based on guidelines established by work practices and documented precedents; delivers HR services within predefined standards and performance targets; provides outstanding customer service and support to employees; performs data audits and reconciliation of benefits to ensure accurate information; resolves routine problems and escalates complex issues or irregularities; recommends process improvements and changes to procedural guidelines; trains back-ups and/or temporary replacement assistants.
The selected candidate(s) will be a member of the HR Service Center, assigned to a portfolio of client- facing general services, including the onboarding and offboarding of VIP personnel. S/he is also expected to exercise utmost discretion and sound judgment in handling complex and sensitive matters.
Typical duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide responsive, caring and excellent customer support to employees, registered dependents, retirees, and other external parties.
- Review, triage, and work on the daily influx of HR enquiries and transactions received via a HR self-service portal (tickets), email, or in- person.
- Process defined HR transactions within agreed service levels and timelines, helping maintain team targets in client satisfaction and service delivery performance.
- Interpret Fund General Administrative Orders (GAOs), Staff Handbook and other handbook policies on HR services and benefits as applicable to employees and retirees.
- Act as the subject matter expert (SME) for the assigned portfolio of work, acting as the point of escalation for policy and operational issues.
- Review and approve changes to employee personal data, and act as the second reviewer/approver for changes to dependent data, ensuring compliance with internal standards and controls.
- Reconcile vendor invoices with actual benefits usage for accurate payments.
- Adhere to documented procedures and identify and raise gaps in documentation, when applicable.
- Ensure all relevant end-user documentation within the assigned portfolio are kept current (e.g., self-help guides).
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of standard operating procedures, risk mitigation controls, and process improvements.
- Take the initiative to streamline business processes and recommend changes to HR policies, work practices, and IT systems, when justified.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including delivering HR service presentations to small and large audiences.
A combination of training and experience equivalent to completion of a secondary school education, supplemented by a minimum of four years of relevant experience, is required.
In addition to minimum qualifications stated above, the successful candidate(s) should possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, accounting, business administration or a related field is preferred.
- Previous Experience in customer service, HR allowances and benefits administration, and/or payroll is highly desired.
- Service oriented, with demonstrated initiative and tact in working with employees at all levels.
- Exceptional customer service and empathetic listening skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and persuasive communication skills.
- Effective organizing skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, respond quickly to varied and competing priorities, and to adapt to changing client needs or deadlines.
- Detail oriented with full awareness of the fiduciary responsibilities and potential risks in administering high value allowances and benefits and in transaction processing.
- Ability to demonstrates creativity, problem-solving resourcefulness, and self- sufficiency.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure with minimum supervision, both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand HR technologies/systems, and contribute to their configuration in a shared services mode
- Demonstrates a general understanding of HR concepts, functions, and programs.
- Stays up-to-date on specific HR policies and practices related to assigned duties. Is knowledgeable in more than one specialized HR program.
- Applies a broad understanding of office management and administrative/secretarial procedures and practices in the Fund. Familiar with rules and procedures of assigned area. Uses good editing and proofreading skills to ensure that grammar, spelling, punctuation, style and content conform to Fund standards.
- Uses HR management databases in assigned duties. Applies IT skills in Windows applications and Web design as needed.
- Understands and maintains HR business relationships
- Demonstrates proficiency using team’s standard tools and systems.
This vacancy shall be filled by a 3-year Term appointment in accordance with the Fund’s new employment rules that took effect on May 1, 2015.
A regular staff member who is selected to fill the vacancy will maintain their open-ended status. If the selected candidate is a contractual employee, they will be offered a Term staff appointment. Staff members already on a term appointment will continue their current term but may receive an extension provided that their current term appointment has not already been extended.
Only candidates who currently residing in the Washington D.C. metro area will be considered.
HRDOPSD Human Resources Department HR Operations HR Service Delivery and Quality Assurance
A04, A05, A06
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including age, creed, culture, disability, educational background, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, nationality, race, religion and beliefs, and sexual orientation.