ECB - European Central Bank
Type of contract Fixed-term contract, which may be extended subject to individual performance and organisational needs
Who can apply? EU nationals
Salary D (bracket 1 – step 1) full time monthly net salary: €3,631 plus benefits, for further information see what we offer.
Role specialisation HR Services
Working time Part time
Place of work Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Closing date 07.10.2022
You will be part of the Employee Services Division (ESE) in the Directorate General Human Resources. Our Directorate General has over 100 professionals providing services to more than 4,000 employees.
The ECB’s HR function is transforming its business and customer interaction model to become more agile and impactful while reducing complexity. We are simplifying our processes through automation, and by incorporating future-oriented policies and practices into the way we work and how we deliver people-centred and data-driven solutions.
The ESE Division is responsible for policies, processes and operations relating to payroll, benefits, working conditions, contracts, staff health and well-being. It also deals with the ECB’s pension funds, health, accident and long-term care insurance, and the social integration of staff and their families. In addition, it supports the Directorate General’s IT systems and provides people data and analytics.
The ECB is an inclusive employer and we strive to reflect the diversity of the population we serve. We encourage you to apply irrespective of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or other characteristics.
As an HR Services Administrator you will:
- accurately maintain relevant information in the personnel administration and payroll system (SAP);
- process new contracts, letters of transfer or extension, confirmations of maternity, parental and unpaid leave, etc.;
- generate SAP-based reports to support daily operations;
- answer individual staff queries on contracts, salaries and benefits;
- proactively suggest improvements to the way in which we administer contracts, payroll and benefits, for example through the approach to communication adopted, documentation and/or related processes;
- support the streamlining, digitalisation and automation of processes using SAP, including testing and reporting, in cooperation with other colleagues in the team.
The position offers you excellent opportunities to gain experience of various HR services, contribute to their transformation, and collaborate closely with a dedicated and dynamic team. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- relevant vocational training or equivalent, or a university degree in human resources, accounting, finance, business and administration or another relevant field (see How you can join us for details on degree equivalences);
- in addition to the above, two years’ experience, preferably as an HR Assistant, of working within customer-oriented service domains and of maintaining sensitive data with great accuracy;
- extensive work experience with SAP software;
- experience of advanced use of MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams);
- an advanced (C1) command of English and an intermediate (B1) command of at least one other official language of the EU, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- experience of using the SAP Human Capital Management (HCM) system to maintain personal data on employee salaries and benefits;
- knowledge and experience of various HR operational processes, for example, salary and allowance structures, employment contracts, as well as the administration of compensation and benefit policies and procedures.
You are recognised as someone who supports others proactively. You work constantly to improve your own output and you learn willingly from other people’s diverse perspectives. You signal any need for change by explaining it and proposing alternative solutions. Your strong capacity for analytical thinking enables you to work with incomplete information and you deliver in line with stakeholder needs.
You are motivated to contribute to the ECB’s mission, to serve the citizens of the EU as a member of a public institution and to work with colleagues from all over Europe. You are motivated to be part of our team and to develop and use your skills and competencies to achieve the aims of this position.
This is a 50% part-time position.
The contract offered will be fixed-term until 31 December 2023, but could be extended depending on organisational needs.
Temporary appointments may be extended or made permanent subject to organisational needs and budgetary constraints. This may result in a staff member with a non-convertible fixed-term contract being offered a convertible contract in accordance with the ECB Conditions of Employment.
For additional information on this specific vacancy, you can speak to the Team Lead, Eva Höll, on +49 (0)69 1344 7034 between 12:00 and 13:00 on Thursday, 29 September 2022.
Application and selection process
The recruitment process for this position will be conducted remotely. It may include an interview in the pre-selection phase and – if you are invited to participate in the subsequent selection phase – a written exercise and an interview.
If you are not selected for this position but are still considered suitable, you will be placed on a reserve list (see step 4 of How we hire), from which you might be considered for similar positions within the ECB.
Find out how to apply for a position at the ECB.
Read more about joining us.