ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC in Luhansk
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles. Established in 1863, the ICRC is at the origin of the Geneva Conventions and the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. Please visit (link) for more information. In 2014 and recently, the ICRC expanded its presence in Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Donetsk, Luhansk, Dnipro, Poltava, Lviv, Odesa and Vynnytsia.
The ICRC Delegation seeks to fill the following position in Luhansk( 6 months)
The HR Officer is responsible for the HR management of the site. S/he provides HR services in line with the ICRCâ€™s and the delegationâ€™s policies and the applicable laws and regulations.
S/ he is the focal point for the Remuneration, Recruitment, Employees Relations and Performance management.,
S/ he is also in charge of following the training implemented at the site level and to coach employees on the Performance Management and Development Process.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General HR Management
- Ensures that staff-management policies are applied correctly.
- Ensures information flow of HR issues and advises on various issues at the site
- Maintains adequate communication among the staff
- Monitors and ensures compliance with local labor laws and staff regulations.
- Ensures that new employees are welcomed and well-integrated.
- Provides support and training for the HR Assistant.
- With the support of the HR Manager work closely with Head of Departments and Heads of Structure in a consultancy role, assisting them to understand and implement policies and procedures and advising them on HR issues in her/his area of expertise (on standard talent management process and ensure development and implementation of talent practices).
- Support and empower Line Managers in her/his area of expertise (i.e. recruitment, development, induction, detection of talent, training, etc.)
- Works in collaboration with various units to identify and analyse recruitment challenges, methods and processes and optimize recruitment tools.
- Reviews and publishes internal and external job offers.
- Evaluates candidates’ files, conducts interviews and participates in selecting candidates.
- Is candidatesâ€™ main point of contact during the recruitment process and answers their questions, including on the outcome of their application; carries out administrative tasks (e.g. handling employee files and organizing language tests) with support from the HR Administration Officers.
- Supports the internal and external recruitment process and provides HR expertise to all levels of the organization.
- Takes part in evaluating recruitment activities and adjusts action plans and programmes accordingly, particularly during emergencies.
- Keeps the recruitment tool and candidatesâ€™ information up-to-date.
- Provide support to line managers on how to implement the Performance Management System (tool, method, setting up objectives, follow up of action plan and best practices) with the aim to evaluate and develop competencies of the staff they manage.
- Give trainings to staff on the performance appraisal guidelines and best practices of performance management twice a year.
- In collaboration with HRM, support Managers in the Yearly Performance Appraisal (PMD) process.
- Ensuring coherency, continuity in administration and management of resident employees.
- Counselling staff for desired behavior change.
- Handling employee grievances and disciplinary outcomes within the provisions of staff regulations and labor laws, participating actively in conflict solving.
- Supporting the handle of legal cases for the site in liaison with HRM.
- Guides staff members at all stages of their cycle within the organization, on both administrative HR and professional development matters.
- Salary management including ensuring consistent application of salary, benefits and rewards.
- Supervise the monthly salaries and terminal benefits and ensures that the correct income taxes rates are applied.
- Supervise the preparation of the statutory returns and ensures the monthly deadline for remittance is met.
Training & Development
- In collaboration with the LnD, explain the training policy (iDevelop and institutional) to managers, all staff, and support the HR Service Provider on sites.
- Inform and advice on priorities of trainings and selection of staff to participate
- Is the Focal Point for any training related questions (Institutional training, iDev, etc.) and liaise with LnD.
- Register, prepare lists of applications and list of priority (in consultation with HRM) for training sessions and assures follow up for the various internal and external courses
- Ensure proper follow up of all iDevelop requests after approval.
- Suggests career paths and support plans for specific persons to HR Manager/Responsible and line managers, ensuring a proper liaison with the Operational needs and objectives set, the results of Performance Management, the training possibilities (local, international, regional, etc.) and the potentials identified.
- With LnD, contributes to the identification of training options at local / regional /international, and provide expertise upon request to line managers with regards to the assessment of training needs within the teams they supervise.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and supervises the Performance Management & Development (PMD) activities for employees under her supervision, ensuring that deadlines for the PMD cycle are met.
- Engages in ongoing and continuous feedback and support, particularly for employees under his / her supervision.
- Organizes regular meetings within her team to ensure optimal coordination of the work and proper flow of information.
- Ensures that job descriptions for employees under her supervision are up to date; seeks feedback and support from the HR Manager if needed.
- Plans and coordinates the annual leave of the employees under her supervision, ensuring continuity of the operations throughout the year and making sure that there are no outstanding holiday balances at the end of the year.
- Coordinates and supports the employees under her supervision in their personal development by coaching and advising them on internal and external training and development possibilities.
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments
- Is aware of the delegationâ€™s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position
- Collects and shares information so as to improve the ICRCâ€™s understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses
- Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRCâ€™s image
- Takes responsibility for their own professional learning and development.
- Is particularly aware of the confidential nature of this position and treats all HR related information consequently.
Certifications / Education required
- High school or professional diploma.
- Good command (written and spoken) of English.
- Computer literate, with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of ERP a strong advantage
Professional Experience required
- 3 years of relevant HR experience
By joining our organization, you will have an opportunity to practice your profession in stimulating, complex and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can really make a difference.
You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness and innovation in order to achieve the best possible impact, often with limited resources.
You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times.
You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different opportunities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, in order to build your career within the ICRC and beyond.
HOW TO APPLY
Starting date: ASAP
Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter by 9/9/2022.
Please submit your CV, along with salary expectations and the location you would like to be based by email only to the attention of Human Resources Department. Only Ukrainian nationals or candidates with a right to work in Ukraine will be considered.
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No queries by phone please.