ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC in Kyiv
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of HR Officer in its sub-delegation in Kyiv North.
The HR Officer is responsible for the HR management of the site. S/he provides HR services in line with the ICRC’s and the delegation’s policies and the applicable laws and regulations. S/he is the focal point for the Remuneration, Recruitment, Employees Relations, and Performance management. S/he is also in charge of following the training implemented at the site level and coaching employees on the Performance Management and Development Process.
Functional general responsibilities:
- Ensures that staff-management policies are applied correctly.
- Ensures information flow of HR issues and advises on various issues at the site
- Maintains adequate communication among the staff
- Monitors and ensures compliance with local labor laws and staff regulations.
- Ensures that new employees are welcomed and well-integrated.
- Provides support and training for the HR Assistant.
- With the support of the HR Manager work closely with Head of Departments and Heads of Structure in a consultancy role, assisting them to understand and implement policies and procedures and advising them on HR issues in her/his area of expertise (on standard talent management process and ensure development and implementation of talent practices).
- Support and empower Line Managers in her/his area of expertise (i.e. recruitment, development, induction, detection of talent, training, etc.)
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- High school or professional diploma.
- 3 years’ experience in HR or a similar field.
- Good command (written and spoken) of English.
- Computer literate, with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of ERP (preferably SAP) a strong advantage.
- Proficiency in HR administration, Assessment & Selection, Candidate Management, Job (Requirement) Analysis, Development of policies
- Skilled in the following competencies: Leadership, Accountability, People management, Teamwork & Collaboration, Representing the ICRC, Beneficiary & Client focused.
Social package and other benefits
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 28 calendar days’ vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 17/11/2022
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: (link)