UNESCO - United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
UNESCO OREALC Santiago
Parent Sector : Sector For Administration and Management (ADM)
Duty Station: Santiago
Classification of duty station: [[filter12]]
Standard Duration of Assignement : [[filter13]]
Job Family: Human Resources
Type of contract : Non Staff
Level : Level 4
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 19-08-2022
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Only candidates who are entitled to work in Chile can apply to this position.
3 months with possibility of extension for 1 year or more, upon successful performance and financial availability.
Under the authority of the Director of the Office, and the direct supervision of the Finance and Administrative Officer, the HR Assistant will:
- Provide support to onboarding of new personnel, including but not limited to drafting welcome note, ensuring mandatory trainings, documents and orientation schedule are completed on time;
- Provide oral and written response to staff inquiries regarding their conditions of service; drafting of correspondence in relation to the inquiries for signature by the Finance and Administrative Officer;
- Provide support in the overall filing system of HR files, both fixed term and temporary categories, staff or non-staff;
- Maintain vacancy announcement files and track status of vacancy announcements; process request for direct payment for advertising of new project/programme positions if/when required;
- Assist in organizing and coordinating written and/or technical tests and competency-based interview process, and initiating and following-up on reference checks and academic verifications, ensuring the completion of pre-recruitment formalities in accordance with the check-list for contract issuance;
- Input and tracking of all transactions related to projects/programmes recruitment including contract issuance (SCs), performance evaluation and contracts extensions/amendment/terminations. Verify affiliation in a medical and a pension plan initially by requesting proof from the SC holder every time the contract is renewed or every 6 months, whichever is sooner;
- Assist in creation/update of Service Contract (SC) positions, and inters/trainees/volunteers in iRIS/SAP;
- Tracking of all transactions related to SC positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, adjustments, extensions and separations through iRIS/SAP;
- Provide analytical and administrative support to the Office’s recruitment campaigns and recruitment system (staff and non-staff);
- Ensure Check-in and Check-out forms are completed and duly signed by all parties concerned for all SC holders, interns, trainees and volunteers.
- Assist in maintain up to date the Organization and functional chart of the Office;
- Provide logistical and administrative support with events’ organization i.e. meetings, workshops, including trainings;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to Consultancy portfolio i.e. data updates, filing and quality assurance, assisting in recruitment process to the finalization of consultancy contract (e.g. reference check, following up on required documents with selected candidate compilation of mandatory documents);
- Assist in Protocol duties as required which includes follow-up with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- Takes initiatives to propose improvements where deemed necessary through a consultative process, and contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Provide general support services; process, draft, edit and finalize for signature/approval a variety of correspondence and other communications; set up and maintain files/records; monitor deadlines under tasks to be performed, updating team/task planner and following up on action items with relevant team members;
- Provide general support related to the maintenance of the premises and safety issues, ensuring health and safety of their employees and any visitors;
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor;
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
Technical Education with specialized certification in HR.
5 years of progressively responsible experience, with at least 3 of proven experience in human resources is required at the national or international level.
Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of Spanish and very good knowledge of English.
Excellent knowledge of MS office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) Experience in handling of ERP systems or cloud-based HR solutions, in particular for recruitment, administration of benefits and entitlements and talent management is highly desirable.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Very good interpersonal and communication skills; strong service orientation and ability to deal efficiently with partners at different levels.
Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to HR management, including screening, collecting and preparation of documentation, data input, transactions tracking, filing, provision of information;
Very good organizational and coordination skills, ability to take initiatives, establish priorities and monitor own work plans.
Ability to work as part of a team, and provide efficient, quality and timely support and capacity to work efficiently under pressure.
Pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline.
Sense of integrity and confidentiality.
Analyses problems carefully and logically, leading to fact-based and practical recommendations.
University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
Postgraduate training/certificate in areas of HR.
Relevant experience in providing programme or administrative support at international level or within the United Nations system or in an international organization/institution.
Good knowledge of SAP
Knowledge of French.
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States ( last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.