ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC in Donetsk
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of HR Assistant in its sub-delegation in Donetsk.
The HR Assistant assists in carrying out administrative work and preparing and updating documents for delivering HR services, in line with the ICRC’s and delegation’s policies and the applicable laws and regulations.
Functional general responsibilities:
- Provides general secretarial and administrative support (updating staff files and contracts, handling correspondence, registration and filing, etc.).
- Gathers all relevant administrative documents upon hiring a new employee, as well as follows up on necessary signatures on internal documents.
- Drafts employment agreements, employment amendments, Job descriptions
- Keeps record of relevant HR data (leaves, absences, employee contact info) and ensures that HR data is of good quality and kept up to date.
- Supports in drafting / translating correspondence for the HR department.
- Schedules testing and interviews of the candidates.
- Writes minutes of meetings and workshops
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- High school or professional diploma
- Good command (written and spoken) of English
- Computer literate, with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar field.
Social package and other benefits:
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 20 days’ vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 31/01/2023
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: (link)