ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC Delegation in Odessa
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Housekeeper in its sub-delegation in Odesa.
The Housekeeper ensures that ICRC premises are clean.
Functional general responsibilities:
- Provides cleaning/housekeeping/laundry services for the ICRC premises
- Prepares coffee and tea if assigned at the office
- Informs the supervisor about damages on the building as well as needed equipment
- Informs the supervisor about security factors (gas and smoke detectors, fire extinguisher)
- Knows the place of fire extinguisher and how to use them
- Answers the phone during working hours if assigned at the residence and leaves a message to delegate
- Follows cleaning frequency lists of ICRC premises
- Cleans floor, desk, telephone, copier, computers
- Cleans bathrooms / toilet
- Supplies hand and toilet paper, soap, etc.
- Waters plants and flowers
- Empties paper basket, ashtray
- Takes care of water reserves
- Washes towel
- Controls gas in the kitchen
- Makes sure all lamps are turned off in the evening and doors are locked.
- Cleans fridges
- Cleans cupboard upper & lower
- Cleans windows, balcony, mainly kitchen
- Cleans walls, doors
- Washes curtains
- Understand the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
- Apply the security rules at all times
- Respects and observes the staff regulations of the ICRC in UKRAINE
- The employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Primary school level
- Similar work experience desirable
- Basic knowledge of spoken English
- Good physical condition
Social package and other benefits
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 28 calendar days’ vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 25/10/2022
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: (link)