ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC in Kyiv
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Healthcare Data Statistician in its sub-delegation/ delegation in Kyiv.
Health Data Statistician runs and monitors the health programmes in cooperation with the health team, according to the objectives set out in the delegation annual planning (Planning for Results) for Ukraine Delegation.
- Designs processes for data collection. Review/update data collection tools according to their relevancy.
- Collects, compiles, and reports weekly and monthly statistics (MfR inidcators for Hospital and PHC programs).
- Follow up internal ICRC tools for data collection (DHIS, MAD, Omega, MfR, PMF, etc.).
- Contributes to Operational reports at different levels and other requests through documented quantitative and qualitatively data. Ensures proper management of information collected and produces the subsequent timely reports.
- Participates in decision making by taking part in relevant discussions.
- Prepares Fact and Figures updates; communicates findings to stakeholders if required.
- Supports in organizing meetings, interprets at meetings and translates documents into local languages.
- Executes of simple office work (filing, photocopying. etc.)
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- A university degree in the relevant field or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of overall working experience.
- Good communication skills; fluent in written and spoken Ukrainian language as well as English language.
- 1 year of experience in the humanitarian sector is a strong asset.
- Working experience with medical/finance data is a strong asset.
- Excellent knowledge of the assigned geographic area.
Social package and other benefits:
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 20 calendar days’ vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply:
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 20/12/2022
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: (link)