ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC Delegation in Odessa
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Health Field Officer in its sub-delegation in Odesa.
The Health Field Officer contributes to implementing, running and monitoring the health program (s) in cooperation with the health team, according to the objectives set out in the delegation’s annual planning (Planning for Results) for a specific geographic area or field of activities. Based on the skills required for this position, s/he has will oversee programs with a degree of autonomy and/or deliver services with autonomy and contribute actively to planning and coordinating health activities at the field level in Odesa, Mykolaiv, Kirovohrad, and Kherson.
Functional general responsibilities:
- Implements health programs within Odesa’s areas of responsibility (Odesa oblast, Mykolaiv Oblast, Kirovohrad Oblast, Kherson Oblast).
- Assists the Health Delegate, Mental Health and Psychosocial Delegate or Health Coordinator or Health Project Manager in designing operational strategies and planning the health program(s) at local/facility and national levels.
- Conducts assessments and regular field visits (when relevant) to monitor activities and health-related threats to the population.
- Ensures proper management of information collected and appropriate, relevant reporting.
- Participates in analysis of and reflection on the overall health situation; contributes to realistic project proposals in line with the delegation’s objectives and priorities.
- Helps organize meetings; advises staff members on various matters such as culture, politics, the economy, security, etc.
- Interprets at meetings and translates documents into local languages.
- Liaises and builds networks with local stakeholders to facilitate communication on and coordination of activities, thereby ensuring more efficient implementation of health programs. Represents the ICRC vis-a-vis national authorities.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in Medicine with a certification as a Nurse or Doctor.
- 3 – 5 years of working experience with thorough knowledge of the Ukrainian Health System.
- An excellent level of written and spoken Ukrainian and Russian, and good level of spoken English.
- Good level of computer applications, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Effective interpersonal communication and proven capacity to train and communicate knowledge.
- Prepared to spend a significant amount of time doing field visits covering the ICRC field sites outside of the base location.
- Willingness to learn and adapt; capacity to be creative, innovative ‘out of the box thinking, and able to convert concepts into practical, pragmatic, meaningful actions based on objectives to reach and requirements to respect.
- Good communication skills and the ability to facilitate interdisciplinary dialogue and collaboration, integrating various competencies, including the ability to prepare reports and conduct presentations.
- Able to work under pressure in a volatile setting, and ability to manage security and identify risky situations.
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning, Communication (ability to express and exchange views and ideas), Analysis & Synthesis.
Social package and other benefits
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 28 calendar days’ vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 18/11/2022
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: (link)