ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC in Donetsk
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Health Administrative Assistant in its sub-delegation in Donetsk.
The Health Administrative Assistant is mainly responsible for providing complex secretarial and/or administrative support to the Health Department, to support the implementation of First Aid and Pre-Hospital Care, Primary Health Care, Hospital support, Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) and Health Care in Detention and following-up on field support and operations (e.g Administration, Logistics and Finance/Distribution tracking, expenses tracking, etc.)
Functional general responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains documents or electronic files up-to-date.
- Drafts and finalizes correspondence, bordereaux, internal presentations, meeting minutes and other documents, shares information among users.
- Completes weekly assistance and weekly operational reports.
- Prepares the paperwork for the donations for the health department.
- Prepares the DTP, FTF documentations and provides clarifications regarding those.
- Prepares for meetings by setting up rooms and materials, including technical set-up for conference calls, presentations and video conferences.
- Manages the Contact Data base and makes sure it is up to date.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent training.
- Excellent command of English
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint and Team Space
- Two years’ experience in a secretarial position.
Social package and other benefits:
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 20 days’ vacation.
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC.
- Foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 31/01/2023
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: (link)