UNESCO - United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
UNESCO in Baghdad, Iraq
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Baghdad
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 7 to 11 months
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 19/07/2022
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
The UNESCO Office for Iraq is seeking to hire a qualified graphic designer for graphical design and formatting curricula, teaching & learning material, workshop/meeting material, and selected materials from the TVET2 Project.
Following the successful completion of the TVET Reform Phase 1 (TVET 1) project, UNESCO is implementing the second Phase of the TVET Reform Programme Phase 2 (TVET 2) with continued funding support from the European Union.
The overall goal (impact) of TVET 2 is:
To ensure increased access to inclusive skills development services and assets, contributing to improved employability and socio-economic status. Objectives of the TVET 2:
1. To strengthen MoE national and Directorate systems and capacities for quality management, curriculum, and labour market alignment for vocational education. 2. To enhance the performance of selected vocational schools to create and operate Centres of Excellence 3. To develop higher education institutions’ systems and leadership for meeting local skills needs and international recognition of qualifications.
Scope of Work:
Within the framework of the TVET2 project, and in collaboration with MOE and the Directorate of Vocational Education, the project will be introducing new competency-based curricula for the ICT and update the once for Agriculture and tourism, in addition to other documents The graphic designer will work closely with the CD expert and the project officers to: i. Provide graphic design services for reports, curricula, teaching and learning material, meeting/workshop material, and the wider Project where needed (approximate 500 pages per month) ii. Provide graphic design services for Project’s visibility and marketing activities. iii. ensure that UNESCO branding guidelines are met. iv. undertake any relevant work assignment by the Senior Consultant for TVET2
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall authority of the Director and UNESCO Representative to Iraq and guidance of the Chief of Education of the UNESCO Office for Iraq, and under the direct supervision of the Senior Consultant for TVET 2, the Graphic designer shall be responsible for the completion of the following deliverables : i. Monthly reports submitted at the end of each calendar month with a description of what was achieved in reporting period against the Work Plan, reasons for any shortfalls or delays and action plans to get the project back on track. ii. Copies of all designed and formatted curricula/ presentations/reports/ minutes of meetings etc.
Other Information including information on timelines:
- Duration: 11 months
- Estimated start: 1 August 2022
- Home based work
- Contractor will quote a per page fee for graphic design services. Monthly payments will be paid based on a Maximum of 500 pages if the number of pages reach 500 or above. The actual payment for each month will be on a pro rata basis equivalent to the actual number of pages formatted (but no more than 500) and accepted as final version by the UNESCO representative.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in a relevant field, with demonstrated expertise at national and international levels
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in graphic design services
- Experience in similar international development projects (at least one successful previous project in providing graphic design services)
- Excellent planning and reporting skills
- Good facilitation skills; excellent communication capabilities; ability to adapt to dynamic environments
- Previous experience with UNESCO would be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural/multinational environment
- A commitment to UN values of non-discrimination on the basis of race, gender, economic status, or religion
Interested candidates should click on “Apply Now”, then download and complete the Employment History form (Word file). At the end of the Word file, insert extra pages with the following required information in English:
A. Technical Written proposal consisting of:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV), and a statement indicating how your qualifications and experience make you suitable for the assignment.
- Describe the designing technical skills and the designing software programs to be used in Graphic Design.
- Samples of the previous work including Reports, Guidelines, Booklets, curricula, Brochure, Roll Up, Banners, Calendars, Folders, Notebooks, Posters, Promotional Materials (posters, billboards).
b. A Financial proposal in US dollars per page of completed graphic designed materials. Materials will have to be formally approved by UNESCO before they can be invoiced
Upon completing the Word file with all the requested information above, upload the file at the “My Employment History Form / My Documents” section of the online application form. Only applications with the above-requested information will be considered.
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States ( last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.