IOM - International Organization for Migration
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Position Title: Graphic Designer (VN 091/2022) Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC) Job classification: General Staff/ G-5 Type of Appointment: Fixed term, One year with possibility of extension Salary: Php 638,273.00 per annum net of taxes
Under the direct overall supervision of the Head of Recruitment Unit, and the direct supervision of the Human Resource Officer and in close coordination with the Online Communications Unit, the Graphic Artist will support the Global Recruitment Unit as a content producer and visual storyteller.
The successful candidate will be in charge of designing digital contents and awareness raising materials on recruitment rules, best practices, systems, etc. which will be frequently disseminated to staff members worldwide. The Graphic Artist is also expected to serve as the focal point of the recruitment unit for social media, designing appealing and creative digital content focused on recruitment drives.
The selected candidate will ensure that all graphics materials are in accordance with the IOM’s House style manual, layout manual and brand guidelines.
CORE FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create professional high-quality graphic design and layout -including but not limited to reports, guidelines, brochures, info sheets and flyers etc. – for dissemination to staff members.
- Use social media to stimulate engagement on IOM’s recruitment pages through brand-focused design with the aim of increasing the traffic.
- Serve as the focal point for the review and visual design of forms, templates, checklists, etc. used for recruitment purposes in order to make these user-friendly.
- Serve as the focal point for the design and update of recruitment pages for both external (interface on the website) and internal candidates (Intranet). Collaborate with relevant unit to design the unit intranet page.
- Create vacancy specific campaigns on LinkedIn and other social media including by developing on-purpose communication material.
- Support the global recruitment unit capacity building initiatives by designing animation video and PowerPoint presentations.
- Maintain an up-to-date archive of all electronic files, repository of logos, icons, templates, etc.
- Using Boolean commands and any other relevant methodology, support in conducting social sourcing, particularly for high level positions.
- Through targeted campaigns, contribute in raising awareness on the unit activities, and initiatives that serves as an alternative to recruitment, including the Pathways program. Support change management activities.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned :
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE EDUCATION
- University degree in Advertising, Fine Arts or a relevant field from an accredited academic institution, with 3 years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with 5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Certificate in computer graphic design, an advantage.
- Proven experience in the field of layout and graphic design;
- In-depth knowledge of and expertise in a wide range of Adobe Creative Suite software applications including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat, as well as Microsoft office applications.
- Familiarity with typography and typesetting preferred;
- Creative flair and the ability to drive innovation;
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and a good eye for details.
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications online by clicking on the APPLY button and completing the profile registration.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.