Islamic Development Bank (IsDB)
IDB2856 – Government Relations Associate Manager
Business Unit: Administration Complex
Division: Not Applicable
Department: Not Applicable
Contract type: Regular Staff
Country: Saudi Arabia
Location: Saudi Arabia – Jeddah
Closing date: 17-Dec-2022
To provide strategic and administrative leadership for the Government Relations Unit, in line with H.E. the President’s Directives, by outlining and delivering objectives that aim to enhance the operational efficiency of the Unit in line with Bank strategic plans and goals.
The role is also expected to lead various strategic and administrative projects in cooperation with the internal and external stakeholders to achieve maximum immunities and privileges for the IsDB Staff members and their families the HQ and the Regional Hubs. Responsible for executing various official transactions and officially representing IsDB at the Saudi Government Bodies and foreign embassies for timely and accurate processing of permits, licenses, visas, official letter attestations, etc.
Strategic & Operation Responsibilities:
- Lead the preparation of Annual Work Plans, resources planning and annual budget for the Government Relation Unit and ensure achieving the objectives within the allocated resources and budgets.
- Lead the development and implementation of strategies, policies, procedures and guidelines for the GR Unit taking into account, the IsDB’s overall strategy and the relevant rules and regulations of KSA and host countries.
- Define and implement systems to facilitate timely and accurate processing of residence permit and visitor visa applications, for the IsDB staff and their family members, ensuring strict compliance with the rules and the regulations of the relevant countries.
- Ensure all services at the HQ, Regional Hubs, and other Member Countries are provided in accordance with IsDB Articles of Agreements, HQ and Hubs Host Country Agreements, as well as relevant international conventions.
- Educate the recruitment team and the stakeholders in the Complexes, Departments, Units and Entities on the employment and labor regulations in KSA and the host countries and ensure that the education degrees and other requirements for the Work Permits meet the prevailing rules and regulations.
- Analyse and implement, in coordination with IMDT/ Digitalization, the most efficient and state of the art IT systems, and champion their usage towards higher efficiency while reducing the errors and costs.
- Review and implement agreements in host countries, in close coordination with the Hub Managers, to mitigate any related potential risks.
- Provide advice and technical guidance, to all IsDB organizational units, in subjects related to government relations, services, etc.
- Lead the advocacy to mobilize support and raising awareness of the decision makers at the HQ, Regional Hubs and other key stakeholders.
- Provide regular reports about the work progress of the Unit and discuss them with the management to make the right decisions on time.
- Manage and ensure the effective achievement of functional objectives through leadership of the division setting divisional and individual objectives, conducting regular meetings, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback, and appraisal to maximize subordinates and divisional performance.
- Keep abreast with the latest changes / amendments in the regulations, procedures and processes of relevant governments, inform IsDB Management about them and implement the changes wherever applicable.
- Develop and disseminate the knowledge base and inventory of best practices regarding the unit’s functions to continuously improve the processes and responsiveness of the team, ensure efficiency and mitigate the risks of work interruption when employees leave the division.
- Acts as a coach and mentor to the staff in Government Relations Unit and take care of their individual developments.
- Provide motivational and inspirational leadership to the staff and guide them on a regular basis.
- Manage the performance and resources of the section staff through delegation of responsibility, setting stretch objectives and providing regular feedback and promptly addressing areas of underperformance.
- Monitor and assess the skills and capabilities of the staff and determine developmental plans to plug the gaps.
- Act as a role-model to the staff by inculcating the values of IsDB, demonstrating leadership competencies and providing direction and support in the times of change.
Education, Certification & Experience::
Academic and professional qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration / International Relations/Public Relations or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in public relations and government relations, of which 5 years in a multi-lateral development bank.
- Minimum 5 years of managerial/supervisory experience.
Skills & Necessary Knowledge::
- Proven experience in dealing with key ministries and Governmental agencies in KSA, notably the Ministry of interior and MoFA.
- Should have established contacts with the high-level dignitaries in the key relevant governmental agencies as well as diplomatic representations accredited to the Host Country.
- Deep knowledge in member countries’ Labour Laws.
- Negotiation skills.
- Project management skills.
- Experience in Service Level Agreements.
- Knowledge of Government Relations services related policy formulation and SOPs.
- Knowledge in the Bank’s operations and its processes.
- Incident management.
- Having good government relations.
- Public relations skills.
- MS Office, JIRA skills.
- Arabic: Mandatory
- English : Mandatory
- French: Preferred