ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC in Dnipro
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Generalist Field Officer in its sub-delegation in Dnipro.
The Generalist Field Officer contributes to the field coordination and facilitates the safe implementation of activities within the sub-delegation geographical area of responsibility, in support of the Field Team Leader. Depending on the context, it can cover Field, Protection, Assistance, Cooperation, Communication, or other activities. You might also be contributing to the representation of the ICRC at the field level.
Functional general responsibilities:
- Contributes to the planning, implementation and follow-ups of various field activities in accordance with the sub-delegation objectives.
- Helps foster a multidisciplinary response by the ICRC to address the various needs of the affected civilian population, at individual cases and community levels.
- Provides context analysis and monitors the latest political, economic and social developments affecting the civilian population and their access to basic needs.
- Collects and shares in a timely manner, contextual information through various sources, including media, health authorities, security services, civil society, URCS, volunteers, etc.
- Contributes to the mapping, development and expansion of the network of relevant interlocutors and stakeholders.
- Collects, compiles, translates/interprets information related to different ICRC projects within the area of Responsibility.
- Leads/Participates to field missions and supports the teams in the field.
- Takes an active part in internal risk assessment, environment scanning and other SD meetings.
- Produces and shares timely reporting from field trips and/or analysis of area of Responsibility developments with the FTL.
- May be called upon to carry out other activities towards the protection of civilian persons as requested by the management of the SD.
- Flags relevant Protection related information to the FTL for relevant follow-ups.
- Regularly presents the ICRC principles, mandate and activities to interlocutors.
- Is responsible for creating a conducive environment (multidisciplinary approach, good team dynamics) among their own team members and with other teams.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree.
- Fluent command (minimum C1) of written and spoken English, Ukrainian, and Russian
- Computer literacy.
- 3 years’ experience, for instance as a project or programme officer in similar fields or in other national/international organizations or in the private sector.
- 2 years’ programme/project experience with the ICRC or other humanitarian agency.
- Readiness to spend 50-75% of the time in the field
- Proficiency in Strategic thinking, Diplomatic skills, Security and Crisis management, Partnership, Multidisciplinary Operations, Decision making
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning, Communication (ability to express and exchange views and ideas), Analysis & Synthesis.
Social package and other benefits
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 28 calendar days’ vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 06/10/2022
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: (link)