Fundraising Specialist, (Paid Media/Social) (P-3), TA (364 days), post # 116179, Individual Giving (IG), PFP, Geneva, Switzerland
Job no: 552520
Position type: Temporary Appointment
Location: Switzerland Division/Equivalent: Partnerships
School/Unit: Geneva, Switzerland
Department/Office: Private Fund Raising and Partnerships
Categories: Partnerships, Fund Raising
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a Champion
The Private Sector Fundraising and Partnerships Section (PSFP) works with National Committees and UNICEF Country Offices to maximize revenue and drive income growth. Inside PSFP, the Digital team is implementing a new Digital Revenue Strategy to Inspire, Collaborate and Enable markets to improve their digital fundraising results. The vision: become the largest and most successful non-profit digital fundraising program in the world.
The overall objective of the Digital Revenue Strategy is increasing donations through improved digital capabilities, integrating digital channels to support activities such as telemarketing, face-to-face fundraising, DRTV, telethons and others. The incumbent is expected to play a fundamental role at UNICEF, contributing substantially toward its digital revenue growth, and taking fundraising to the next level. The role is a key element inside the Digital fundraising team, where experts in digital capabilities drive the growth of digital fundraising within PFP and across UNICEF markets.
The role will contribute to:
- Expanding the capacity and expertise of the digital team to support global fundraising markets in the drive for increased results in digital acquisition, conversion and retention of supporter and donors through Performance Marketing and Social Media Advertising.
- Supporting, and providing guidance on digital advertising strategy, best practices and analysis of accounts and results to maximize performance of donor acquisition and revenue growth.
How can you make a difference?
The key function of the post will be providing support and advice on the investments in paid search, paid social, programmatic, and display advertising for fundraising across the global markets with the objectives to boost digital fundraising revenues and ROI through the paid advertising campaigns.
This role will be crucial to create vertical expertise in Digital advertising in the Digital Fundraising team:
- Lead in building capacity and capabilities, best practices guidance, constantly updated with social platforms’ evolution, to effectively improve market performance of social campaigns and acquisition of donors and revenue.
- Demonstrate effective stakeholder management and deep understanding of various market nuances, ensuring that paid social activities are focused on areas of most strategic impact for the markets. At the same time contribute as a key expert to the implementation of the overall digital revenue strategy aligning the paid digital and social advertising disciplines across the team.
- Boost fundraising revenues and ROI across the globe: provide advice and support to teams running digital and social fundraising campaigns. The support should be provided end-to-end whenever needed: from planning, implementation to on-going optimization and post campaign review.
- Champion a strategic evolution of paid social advertising investments based on maximization of results (output vs input) through test & learn constant optimization, machine learning automation, and full leverage of 1st party data integration.
- Advocate for digital advertising on paid search and paid social as a key driver in the integration of digital with other UNICEF departments, and channels to make sure that new opportunities are efficiently used.
- Support the Digital Fundraising team so that UNICEF can mobilize digital quickly through paid and social advertising when emergencies strike. Support the improvement of processes so that quick responses become a key capability.
- Work closely with other fundraising digital specialists and with Data Analysts to build a solid framework for measurement and review of all campaigns and represent paid digital advertising campaigns in the necessary level of detail for complete measurement and optimization in global market reports and analysis.
- Advocate for the integration of marketing technology and automation capabilities necessary to increase effectiveness and efficiency at global and local/regional level.
- Support directly local markets with temporary local resourcing issues in paid advertising capabilities, aligning with the Digital Hub Manager and digital strategists on prioritization of global and local needs.
- Work with other PFP teams during planning and execution, to ensure relevant paid advertising expertise is utilized.
- Plan and execute centrally paid advertising campaigns, always to maximize income growth and ROI as defined by organizational needs.
- Provide technical expertise in any interaction with platforms (Google, Bing, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snap, TikTok, etc) and service providers.
- Directly manage the relationship, budgets, and quality of work with designated media agencies, service providers and consultants engaged to support paid search and social advertising activities globally.
- Support local and regional management of agencies, consultants, and service providers when necessary.
- Contribute to maintaining a central knowledge repository on paid social media advertising and digital fundraising, by adding best practices, use-cases, standard operating procedures and informational articles.
- Support is provided to markets to improve results though paid digital and social advertising campaigns for fundraising, when delivered by local teams and local agencies.
- Constantly drive improvement in the paid digital and social advertising usage, budget recommendations, revenues and Return on Investment (ROI) in markets.
- Advertising campaign planning, implementation, optimization, and performance review to meet the objectives and SLAs for emergency response. Aim for constant improvement of paid advertising support in the response in emergencies.
- Best practices from social platforms and main markets are identified, documented, shared and effectively used and supported in other markets.
- Support the Digital Strategists with reviews of workplans and revenue driving priorities.
- Drive the improvements of ROI on advertising budgets within markets in support of the Digital Revenue strategy and targets.
Estimated Duration of the contract
- 364 days
- Global Digital Manager Individual Giving, PFP, based in Geneva
- Geneva, Switzerland
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced university degree in Marketing, Advertising, Digital Fundraising, or other relevant fields is required.
- Alternatively, a first-level university degree in a relevant field combined with an additional 2 years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Any other additional training in a related field is an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in international digital media campaigns, 3 of which specifically for paid social campaigns for direct response, either on the advertiser or agency side.
- Direct experience in social networks, sales and advertising will be considered relevant as well.
- Experience in digital fundraising and/or digital sales or B2C service subscriptions with a demonstrable record in getting strong results in acquisition, digital conversion, and retention through paid social campaigns.
- Expertise and knowledge in specific areas relevant to digital fundraising and/or marketing: paid media, social media, digital customer journeys (UX and CRO aspects), marketing technology for paid social and display advertising (1st and 3rd party data integrations, campaign management platforms, ad serving and tracking) and optimizing digital revenue strategies, is required.
- Experience in defining and delivering paid social strategy as part of a larger marketing mix with internal teams or clients.
- Understanding and experience with Google Analytics products and Salesforce products is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the UN system is an advantage.
- Strong international experience, either professional and/or personal, is an advantage.
- Experience with UNICEF and UN is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish) is considered as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: (link)
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1) are required.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks, and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF PFP-Geneva is currently reviewing organizational changes; therefore, the exact future location of the post is still under consideration/to be determined. Candidates may be asked to commence duties remotely. Should the selected candidate be assigned and relocate to Geneva, they may later be asked to relocate and be assigned to another location during the initial contract or assignment period.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Jul 25 2022 W. Europe Daylight Time Application close: Aug 14 2022 W. Europe Daylight Time