Fund Raising Specialist, (P-3), TA, (364 days), # 113454, IG, PFP, Geneva, Switzerland
Job no: 552739
Position type: Temporary Appointment
Location: Switzerland, Zimbabwe Division/Equivalent: Partnerships
School/Unit: Geneva, Switzerland
Department/Office: Private Fund Raising and Partnerships
Categories: Partnerships, Fund Raising
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a Champion
UNICEF seeks a Fundraising Specialist Digital) to work with the Private Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP) in Geneva to provide support to teams across UNICEF.
The main purpose of the job is to support markets with the delivery of fundraising campaigns, with a specific focus on testing, analytics, CRO, and paid digital media in campaigns.
To achieve these results, the professional will support the digital teams from the markets to increase their digital fundraising activities and maximize results, providing additional capacity and capability. The incumbent will provide technical fundraising expertise and guidance on optimizing acquisition and testing to maximize revenue.
How can you make a difference?
Analytics and Conversion Rate Optimization
- Manage and implement digital analytics, CRO, attribution, and A/B testing solutions as required, working with agencies where appropriate, alongside both HQ teams and markets.
- Collaborate with PFP teams, UNICEF offices, and ICT for strategic projects such as the Google Marketing Platform project, the Digital Transformation project, and the CRM project.
- Support the unicef.org Global Giving Platform to improve performance in conversion and journeys for digital advertising channels.
- Build a digital analytics dashboard that includes all paid marketing activity and generates insights for CRO, starting in one region and ensuring scalability across all regions
- Support UNICEF offices with digital analytics strategy and implementation as well as CRO projects.
- Support digital tests working with key markets to pilot new techniques and roll out learnings globally.
- Work closely with the Marketing team in PFP to embed best practices on testing throughout digital assets and delivery.
- Assist National Committees and country offices in acquiring and enhancing specific digital knowledge or providing technical support on the implementation of digital fundraising campaigns.
- Work closely with the Division of Communications to ensure a streamlined and optimized experience for visitors from unicef.org and social media properties to the help.unicef.org platform.
- Provide digital fundraising and engagement training through knowledge exchange to UNICEF offices by delivering webinars, training materials, and ad-hoc support.
Campaign support and implementation
- Work with agencies and suppliers related to paid digital media, digital content, creative and user experience as well as technology implementation.
- Plan and launch an always-on approach for SEM and remarketing campaigns for direct donations in confirmed markets
- Collaborate with the Creative Team to manage digital campaigns (website content, SEM advertising and email communications, a/b testing) for global campaigns.
- Be part of the implementation team on the roadmap for global digital technology solutions including the global online fundraising platform, email platform, analytics platform, etc.
- Provide specialist digital marketing and fundraising knowledge to PFP staff in Fundraising Services, Market Development (and wider).
- Input into PFP’s overall strategic planning with digital strategy and support this strategy with National Committees and country offices.
- Provide specialist digital knowledge to UNICEF National Committees and country offices as required.
- Support markets in maximizing offline opportunities through leveraging digital marketing tools and technology.
- Support the development of investment plans, business cases and opportunities as required.
- Advice on global investment allocation and support the development of investment applications, as well as the subsequent implementation and monitoring of these pro-grams.
- Support for emergency fundraising in addition to these duties, the incumbent will also provide support to markets in the event of a significant media-driven emergency.
- Work with external vendors in support of the above objectives.
- Risk management; the incumbent will remain sensitive to risk in the programs that he/she is supporting and escalate as necessary.
- Donation flows are optimized through testing. AB/MVT testing experience to new emergency donors to convert to pledge or a repeat conversion. 15% revenue per return visitor increase (Both Acquisition and Nurture)
- Managing fundraising reporting through Google Analytics
- Global Hub – Provide monthly insights and CRO to optimise CVR and CPA by 10%
- Ensure 2 optimization tools (HOTJAR and Optimise 360) are set up and running in all key markets.
- Activate CRO program in GGP markets and launch AB tests.
- Activities for income generation are launched into non-fundraising markets.
- Technical support to fundraising specialists.
- Support provided in the implementation of digital work plans per market.
- Best practices are identified and shared in between markets. Publish 15 CRO best practise documents.
- Relevant team members are trained and upskilled.
- Digital webinars are created and offered to markets on a regular basis.
- Digital agencies are researched, and input provided into the hiring of agencies.
Estimated Duration of the contract
- 364 Days
- Fundraising Manager (Global Digital Fundraising Insights)
- Geneva, Switzerland
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Digital Fundraising, or other relevant field is required. Any other additional training in a related field is an asset.
- Alternatively, a first-level University Degree in a relevant field combined with (2) additional years of qualifying professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least five years of progressively responsible work experience in international digital campaigns, marketing, and digital fundraising areas, with a specific focus on areas such as digital acquisition, cultivation, and retention of pledge donors, integrated media planning, and marketing communications and multi-channel campaign management. It would be an advantage if the person had gained the above experience in both agency and charity environments.
- Experience with UNICEF and UN is an asset.
- Required: analytics and tracking, A/B testing, CRO, SEO, SEM, online paid media, web and do-nation forms development, UX. Desirable: experience of Donor Perfect and Salesforce, coding, content management systems, search engine marketing, marketing automation tools, and e-mail broadcasting tools.
- Fluency in English is required. Other languages are desirable but not essential.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: (link)
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1) are required.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks, and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF PFP-Geneva is currently reviewing organizational changes; therefore, the exact future location of the post is still under consideration/to be determined. Candidates may be asked to commence duties remotely. Should the selected candidate be assigned and relocate to Geneva, they may later be asked to relocate and be assigned to another location during the initial contract or assignment period.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Jul 15 2022 South Africa Standard Time Application close: Aug 15 2022 South Africa Standard Time