UNICEF - United Nations Children's Fund
UNICEF in Manila, Philippines
Fund Raising Associate (Tele-Marketing) Temporary Appointment, Manila, Post # 115982
Job no: 553334
Position type: Temporary Appointment
Location: Philippines Division/Equivalent: Bangkok (EAPRO), Thailand
Department/Office: Manila, Philippines
Categories: Fund Raising
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a fair chance..
UNICEF Philippines’ vision for every child is intimately linked to the realization of several Sustainable Development Goals and the promise of the international community to leave no one behind. By 2030, we want to see that no child in the Philippines suffers from hunger; that every child has access to good health services, quality education opportunities, clean water and toilets; and that children grow up protected and develop in an inclusive, just and peaceful society.
Since its establishment, UNICEF has been helping the Philippine government to strengthen national policies, programmes and services to ensure that all Filipino children enjoy their rights. UNICEF supports the Government to extend the coverage and implementation of policies and legislation that benefit children and the most disadvantaged; to support the implementation of positive budget reforms and leverage the considerable fiscal space; to innovate and adapt national programmes to support inclusivity and relevance in diverse remote rural areas, impoverished urban areas, hazard and conflict-prone areas; and to strengthen national capacity to monitor change for children.
As an impartial partner, we are mandated to work with both state and non-state actors to protect the rights and promote the wellbeing of every child. We have successfully worked through many Government reforms in the Philippines, and we continue to work with the national government, its different agencies and departments, and with local government units and authorities, including the Bangsamoro Transition Authority in Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao.
UNICEF’s capacity, technical skills and structure allow us to work effectively with policy and decision-makers and be among the first responders to humanitarian crisis. It allows us to assess and respond quickly to the priorities and needs of communities in the most remote and underserved areas of the country.
UNICEF’s geographic priority areas in the Philippines include Northern Samar, Western Samar, Zamboanga del Norte and BARMM, Basilan, Lanao del Sur, Maguindanao, Sulu and Tawi-Tawi.
Visit this link for more information on UNICEF in the Philippines (link)
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Individual Fundraising Officer, this post will primarily support efforts in the day-to-day management of the Telemarketing (TM) fundraising channel for donor acquisition, donor retention and customer service through third-party outbound telemarketing agency/ies and through the UNICEF in-house donor care team. This post will also assist in the implementation of some fundraising program activities from time to time as needed/ required.
With special emphasis on converting all one-time donors into regular monthly pledge givers, this post will also provide strategic and systematic support in the development and launching of TM campaigns in the areas of donor renewal and reactivation (to improve retention of existing donors and counter passive attrition); donor upgrades, for maximization of existing donors’ regular giving; and leads generation and donor acquisition, to recruit donors via this channel and ensure the growth of the regular monthly pledge donor base.
The incumbent will have the following Tasks and Responsibilities: 1. Telemarketing donor acquisition and retention campaign roll-out
- Assist in the development, roll-out, and day-to-day supervision of donor acquisition TM campaigns (e.g. lead generation, direct-to-pledge, tactical or seasonal acquisition and conversion campaigns) and donor retention campaigns such as renewal, reactivation, upgrade and donor care service.
- Help oversee TM back-end structure and campaign fulfillment for any new campaign initiatives.
- Monitor daily TM billings and concerns and respond accordingly.
- Help organize briefings and trainings to TM agencies and in-house donor care personnel for any campaigns, emergencies or special events
2. Quality performance monitoring for telemarketing fundraising
- Help ensure that all aspects of the TM workflow process—from script development to simulation to live calls to donation fulfilment to donor data processing—adhere to UNICEF’s standards of telemarketing QA processes.
- Assist in quality conversation monitoring with the Fundraising Officers and with the third-party agency/ies by listening to various call recordings (both inbound and outbound) and scoring these accordingly on a regular basis.
- Monitor daily, weekly, monthly performance of TM campaigns including but not limited to reach rate, conversion rate, fulfilment rate, average gift, call capacity, and agent performance, as mutually agreed on by UNICEF and the third-party outbound telemarketing agency/ies.
- Help ensure income and telemarketing targets are met according to the work plan and budget.
- Assist in reporting on all areas of TM operations and help ensure the TM program is data-informed and data-driven.
3. Strategic support: Assist the Fundraising Officers in providing strategic direction and operational support to agencies, contractors and suppliers engaged to support the telemarketing operations and ensure that they perform to high standards.
4. Donor Support/ Customer Service Hotline
- Oversee the inbound telemarketing service provided by in-house customer service and by third-party telemarketing agency
- Ensure end-to-end quality customer service. Provides, when necessary, customer support such as entertaining donor inquiries, requests and/or complaints via mail, email, phone, social media, etc.; escalating inquiries to the appropriate supervisor for further action
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A *university degree in Business, Marketing, Management, Research/Statistics, Communication, Arts, Social Sciences, or a related field preferred.
- At least two years relevant work experience in the telemarketing/BPO industry (preferably at junior management level or higher), sales & marketing, fundraising/resource mobilization, customer service, brand management, business development or other related fields.
- Experience in the latest developments in contact center customer relationship management and supporter engagement is highly desired.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel desired.
- Fluency in English and Filipino, both oral and written, required.
* Secondary education and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience is required in lieu of University degree.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability, Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: (link)
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships (2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (3) Drive to achieve results for impact (4) Innovates and embraces change (5) Manages ambiguity and complexity (6) Thinks and acts strategically (7) Works collaboratively with others.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are requested to complete an online candidate profile in (link) by 09 August 2022. Only applications sent through the e-recruitment portal Job No. 553334 will be considered.
By applying through our Talent Management System (TMS) you agree to our privacy statement which is in line with the Philippines’ Data Privacy Act. You are strongly advised to read carefully through the privacy statement before submitting your application.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable male candidates are encouraged to apply.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Advertised: Jul 26 2022 Singapore Standard Time Application close: Aug 09 2022 Singapore Standard Time