Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
Front Office Support Consultant
Background of this search:
The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), an international development organization and the main source of multilateral financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean, is seeking an energetic individual with solid expertise in the areas of operational and program management, planning, and administration to provide high quality services in a multi-cultural, multi-bilingual environment.
The INE Front Office provides technical and operational support in a variety of areas, such as: budget preparation and execution; consulting services; letter of agreements preparation for special events; human resources administration, payment processing; technical cooperation compliance; and space and training management, among other activities.
The team’s mission:
The Infrastructure and Environment Sector (INE) Front Office provides technical and operational support on a variety of areas, such as: monitoring of the department’s work program, pipeline, portfolio, operational and knowledge indicators; managing the preparation and execution of the budget; providing statistical reporting and presentations on different operational and corporate issues; preparing and administrating consulting contracts as well as managing human resources processes, technical cooperation issues, among other activities.
What you’ll do:
- Process and administer all non-PO payments requested by INE Divisions and Front Office, (SAP/Convergence/Client Master).
- Process and administer all payments related to Letters of Agreement and Letters of Contribution requested by INE Divisions and Front Office.
- Make sure the payments are disbursed successfully and follow up with FIN to solve problems with the payments mentioned above.
- Keep up to date a weekly backup of the list of payments entered by INE Divisions and Front Office.
- Assist with the review of Statement of Expenses (SOEs) in INE, ensuring that the Bank’s policies are fully complied with it.
- Request and coordinate the hiring of contractuals and consulting firms for the Front Office.
- Submit CW contracts in SNOW requested by INE Front Office as Initiator.
- Submit all amendments related to CW Contracts requested by INE Divisions and Front Office (SNOW).
- Keep up to date a weekly backup of the list of contracts and amendments entered by INE Divisions and Front Office.
- Proactively track the process of preparation of contracts, amendments, payments and respond to all inquiries and follow ups from the divisions.
- Coordinate and prepare for meetings and/or workshops for INE Front Office as needed; including all the logistics related to the event such as invitations, announcements, request of conference rooms, catering, video conferences, special equipment, etc.
- Support supervisor and INE front office employees on the application of Bank’s policies and procedures. Guide others on how and where to obtain the knowledge to resolve inquiries about policies, procedures, and systems.
- Maintain official files of documents and reports in accordance with the Department’s procedures and Bank’s policy.
- Monitor deadlines on a weekly basis regarding corporate requests.
- All other administrative functions required or assigned by INE Front Office.
What you’ll need:
- Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries.
- Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB, IDB Invest, or IDB Lab.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Accounting, Economics, or related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. Knowledge of Microsoft office suite, Acrobat. Must have knowledge of SAP, Service Now, EZ-Share and Convergence, and Bank applications is desirable.
- Languages: Fluency in at least two (2) official Bank languages is required. Requires excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
Core and Technical Competencies:
- Areas of Expertise: Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, DocuSign, etc.).
- Skills: The ability to take on multiple responsibilities simultaneously and be detail oriented. The ability to work independently, with initiative and responsibility as well as to be able to work within a team
- Type of contract: Consultant (CNS), Full time.
- Length of contract: 12 months
- Location: IDB Headquarters, Washington DC.
- Responsible person: Greta Burmester Gonzalez, Resource Planning & Administrator Senior Specialist, INE/INE.
- Requirements: You must be a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group.
Our culture: Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin-America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative and stimulating work environment. We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality. As an employee you can be part of internal resource groups that connect our diverse community around common interests.
Because we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, afro-descendants, and indigenous people to apply.
COVID-19 considerations: the health and safety of our employees are our number one priority. As a condition of employment, IDB/IDB Invest requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
About us: At the IDB, we’re committed to improving lives. Since 1959, we’ve been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48-member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills but also are passionate about improving lives.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.
- Job Field: Technical Support