World Health Organization (WHO)
Front Office Assistant
( 2206471 )
Grade : No grade
Contractual Arrangement : Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days) : 1 year
Job Posting: Jul 21, 2022, 10:51:21 AM
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME:
To provide operational and logistic support to WHO Country Office in implementation of all national programmes.
SUMMARY OF ASSIGNED DUTIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Administrative Officer and general supervision of WHO Representative the incumbent provides variety of administrative and logistic support to ensure the efficient daily running of the office as follows:
- Respond to telephone calls and serve as a front desk officer at the WHO Indonesia Office;
- Responds or drafts responses to routine correspondence and other communications; uses standard word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports.
- Monitors processes and schedules related the unit’s outputs, products, tasks, etc.; where applicable, assists in the verification of receipt and accuracy of requisite documents, approvals, signatures, etc. to ensure compliance with relevant legal, financial and other requirements.
- Researches, compiles and organizes information and reference materials from various sources for reports, work plans, studies, briefings, meetings/conferences, etc.
- Generates a variety of standard statistical and other reports, work orders, etc., using various databases.
- Proofreads documents and edits texts for accuracy, grammar, punctuation and style, and for adherence to established standards for format.
- Screens phone calls and visitors; responds to moderately complex information requests and inquiries (e.g. answers requests requiring file search, etc.), and as necessary, refers inquiries to appropriate personnel for handling.
- Provides secretarial, administrative and logistics support to meetings, boards, committees, conferences, etc.
- Assists in the preparation of presentation materials using appropriate technology/software.
- Maintains calendar/schedules; monitors change and communicates relevant information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work unit.
- Performs data entry and extraction functions.
- Reviews, records, distributes and/or processes mail and other documents; follows-up on impending actions.
- Updates and maintains large distribution lists; monitors, prepares and distributes various materials, reports, where possible using electronic formats; handles arrangement for printing and translation as necessary; coordinates shipment arrangements, courier services, etc.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor and senior management
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, ETC.
Essential: High School Diploma or related studies in area of Administration, Management, Finance, Project Management or equivalent from a recognized university
Desirable: Bachelor’s degree or Professional 2 years course study with certificate in area of Administration, Management, Finance, Project Management or equivalent from a recognized university
Essential: At least two (2) years of solid experience in the field of general administration, project management, event management, travel or related field
- Four (4) years of relevant experience in the field of general administration, project management, event management, travel or related
- Working experience in International organization or large private company
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong analytical skills and highly goal oriented
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and in team setting
- Ability to work in harmony with national/international staff of WHO and Ministry of Health
- Ability to prepare good presentations and draft high-quality reports and official documents
Fluent written and spoken English and native Bahasa Indonesia are essential.
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
Extensive computer skills including the specialized software; proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment; excellent organizational and inter-personal skills; multitasking and stress management skills, detail oriented; client service attitude; good interpersonal, organizational and team building skills; ability to work unsupervised.
SSA Front Office Assistant (Receptionist), Level
- In accordance with WHO Salary Scale for SSA (Level 2: IDR 7,003,800 to IDR 10,895,133 per month)
- This Vacancy Notice may be used to fill similar positions at the same level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test and interviews will be used as a form of screening.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: (link) Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: (link)
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.