World Health Organization (WHO)
WHO Country Office in Islamic Republic of Iran
( 2300468 )
Grade : G5
Contractual Arrangement : Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days) : 12 months (subject to availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need for the position)
Job Posting: Jan 22, 2023, 2:24:29 PM
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State’s health and development agendas and harmonized with the United Nations country teams.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Administer the E-Imprest system. Ensure compliance with financial procedures, systems and internal controls according to Global Management System (GSM) instructions and WHO rules. Select and enter data from variety of documents, ensure accuracy in calculations and attach necessary supporting invoices or receipts of payments and payment authorizations.
2. Record all expenses and receipts in the e-imprest and reflect it in the GSM in a timely manner. Monitor the unposted items in the cash book and take necessary steps to clear them in coordination with Global Service Center (GSC).
3. Initiate, verify and process financial transactions and payments for WRO office and sub- offices related to staff and non-staff costs, purchase orders, local purchases, etc, based on authorizations received from EMRO and GSC. Process e-Imprest transactions and monitor Imprest GL’s including processing and reviewing of purchase orders for services
Imprest, DFC’s, GES and other activities with the aim to ensure accuracy of financial data, adequacy of supporting documents and maintenance.
4. Reconcile country office cashbooks and justify any difference in reconciliation; prepare cash counts and to reconcile with the cashbooks on a monthly basis.
5. Follow up on the transfer of program funds and initiate award budgeting in GSM workplans. Monitor awards expiry dates, alert responsible staff, and initiate action for expenditure batches. Review and follow up on encumbrances and unapplied receivable balances, process and monitor revisions of amounts vis-a-vis award distribution by SO/OWER.
6. Compare cash books with bank statements to compute gain and loss in exchange rate on monthly basis and liaison with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange rates. Prepare financial tables, special reports and other ad-hoc reports. Initiate correspondence and answer queries related to area of work.
7. Update and maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions.
8. Replace and assist other colleagues in the team and perform other related financial and administrative duties as required.
Essential: Completion of secondary education; training in accounting, business administration/commerce and or technical courses in a field related to the work performed.
Desirable: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, commerce, accounting, social sciences or other related field is an asset.
Essential: At least five years of related experience in accounting and administrative work.
Desirable: Related experience in the UN system is an asset.
- Very good organizational skills.
- Proven knowledge of banking regulations and local laws.
- Good analytical and effective communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of the organization’s policies and regulations in general, and in particular, regarding project activities and financial procedures is an asset.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at USD 22,198 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: (link) Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: (link)
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply on-line through Stellis. For assessment of your application, please ensure that:
(a) Your profile on Stellis is properly completed and updated.
(b) All required details regarding your qualifications, education and training are provided.
(c) Your experience records are entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time.